My Thoughts & Experiences

Hey,

So a mate and I played for 5 hours on Friday night. Overall we didnt come across too many issues. My friend did crash once but it was internet related and when he tried to join I was showing in steam as not playing the game and I was unable to invite him. I had to close GZ down and restart. Besides that there were some odd graphics, like a floating backpack but everything was sound.

Now I know this was a beta and we have 6-8-12 months before release?!? What we played is potentially a small percentage of the real game, well I hope so anyway as we both found this game to be a walking/scavenging simulator. After four hours I had 958 regular pistol bullets and we were sick of searching for more bullets. We loved the fighting except we felt in a few instances we weren’t hitting the targets at long distances. I cant remember if a spark marked a hit but I do remember aiming, shooting and nothing. In fact a couple of times I watched my friend shooting and the bullets were hitting the ground about 20 metres in front of him yet the target was 2-3 times that distance away.

Overall I was left disappointed with the beta. Maybe my expectations were too high and unconsciously I was expecting a full game. But it seemed boring, walk a long distance fight a couple of mechs, loot all. Rinse and repeat. There has to be more to it than that? The most memorable moment was when we were walking through the ruined castle and I was walking towards some steps, I heard a mech walking above me, I paused, looked towards the top of the stairs and suddenly it came flying through the air and landed right in front of me. Scared the living daylights out of me, I may have screamed a little!! Not sure if it was scripted but that was a really great moment.

The game has incredible potential, the core is there but the walking/scavenging simulator needs to be toned down. Way too many bullets and medkits for a rural setting, more suited to a war torn country.

• So many clothes collected, use these to make bandages and less medkits.
  • Instead of so many bullets being in houses you can only get them from mechs, hunting shacks or police/army vehicles/building. The same with weapons & attachments. Possibly instead of getting bullets from mechs you collect scrap metal, when you find a hunting shack it has equipment to make your own bullets. I dont want the game to delve too deep into the crafting aspect but I think because of the huge amount of bullets/medkits it took the fun and realism out of the game.
  • Hopefully the final release will have more variety of buildings, mechs patrolling the forest as well as roads.

As I said, just our opinion and I hope our constructive criticism isnt taken as bagging the game. Well done to the devs on such a great running beta, better than some EA or full release games. But at this moment I wouldnt buy it nor will I pre order until I know there is more meat to the game. I want to feel isolated, backs against the wall, danger over the next rise. I didnt feel that at any stage of the beta.
Take care and thanks dev’s.

2 Likes

Love the thoughts @sharkie ! I am a streamer myself and trying to get a code immediatly aftermy community was discussnig this game so I can stream tonight. We can compare notes ;):video_game::video_game::video_game:

More time to think about this…

Yesterday I walked outside and thought for a moment…What would I do, where would I go if this scenario actually happened. Could I go over to that building and loot it and find medkits, bullets, lockpicks? No, no way, maybe a first aid kit at most. So where would I look for those sorts of things?
Rural farm houses may have bullets/weapons, police station, police/army vehicles, dead bodies of police or army. I might even find some body armour as well. Medkits…supermarkets, hospitals, medical centres. Lockpicks?!? yeah I dont think they suit this game.
So I ask the devs to just sit for a moment and think the same thought.

And please…please for the love of the children…Manual saves not this save in a safe house. Not everyone has hours to play a game all day. Some people have real life issues to deal with and personally I usually get maybe 30-45 minutes a day to play. I either have to hope I come across a safe house or I have to back track to the last one to save. If thats the case then its rinse and repeat the next time I play, that will wear thin very quickly.

Yep, my thoughts as well. I played with a group of four and the battles we’re even more trivial. I still believe this game has potential but I hope they take this feedback and not release too early as there just needs to be more to do in this game imho.

If you right click on map safe house u can fast travel to any of them that u visited before, but I agree a regular save would be nice.