My thought's on the new guns

I like how they added a new shotgun and magnum. Really like the grenade launcher too. But it’s so stupid how the minigun uses 7.62, instead of 5.56. Before people start putting angry comments/replies like a cry baby on my post. Here’s my explanation. There is literally a minigun that came out around the time this game takes place, that they could have added instead. But no they wanted to add more stupid guns that use 7.62. But i’m happy they added a minigun. The gun i’m talking about is the XM214 Microgun. Which is a minigun that uses 5.56 which would have been a better option. It was made between 1970’s - late 90’s. The reason why am saying this is because they have 8 - 12 guns that use 7.62, and 3 guns that use 5.56. THEY NEED TO ADD MORE GUNS THAT USE 5.56.

3 Likes

Makes total sense. In fact when we tested this DLC, many voiced the same opinions, to have the Minigun fire 5,56 instead of 7,62. I suggested that it would be useful if the gun could be modified, perhaps with an Augment to use the two different calibers with some traits to balance it out. Damage vs Accuracy, or something.

Since the Minigun is it’s own unique platform of weapon, it could do with some more depth to it’s mechanics.

1 Like

Refering to this list we currently just have three weapons using 5.56, but also just three weapons using 9mm smg.

5.56 would be a good choice.

Next weapon-pack must have a smg with 9mm.
A P90 for example. There already were some good suggestions in other topics.

1 Like

Almost laughing…

Why are people so obsessed by suggesting new guns?

Just limit yourself to gameplay.

3 Likes

I just think people want more depth and variation to the gameplay. Nothing wrong with that :slight_smile:

I will limit my own gameplay to blasting Firebirds with my Minigun! :boom:

2 Likes

Well ok :smile: - personally (…) I would seek it in a more complex story. But… so many people, so many wishes…

1 Like

… And so many possibilities in GZ. There is something for many target groups.

I would also like more story, more regions, more or changed locations, more to explore or to explore again, more mysteries and so on…

But everything new some day is finished and then we will run around to just kill machines and find loot again… And for these times there are new weapons a welcome addition :wink:

2 Likes

I agree SO much!! We don’t need to seek into more and different weapons, but in the gameplay.

1 Like

Also 5.56 ammo builds up fast, atleast for me, dumping it into a minigun would be perfect.

1 Like

Experimental kvm89 already fulfills the same poor accuracy and ammo use, without the clever reskin and movement restriction of the minigun if you ever feel like you have too much 5.56 in your inventory. There’s a bit of rubber banding in terms of damage compared to the standard LMGs whereby the last rounds in a magazine are more powerful than the first

1 Like

Perhaps a 5.56 minigun could deal less damage, but have a smaller movement penalty.

1 Like

Dam thats so funny that you took the time to count all the different gun and which ammo they take. Dedication lol it explains why I always get so much dam 7.62 ammo and also smg 9mm is crazy i dont know what to do with it anymore i have like 13k explosives from scraping all the extra ammo its getting to the point that the crafting mat storage is almost maxing out now which sucks

1 Like