N16 model could use some work

Firstly I want to say how good all the in-game weapons look. They are high quality and look very close to the irl counterparts (with some various small issues). I feel that whoever did them deserves some praise.

This brings to the point of this post, the N16. I feel the N16 is of a lower quality compared to the other models. It looks blocky and flat in some areas. As well as some missing details that could make it pop. The other models for the US weapons pack look more closely to what the base game guns had.

I just felt that the model could be updated in the future to have more detail like the other weapons, and the irl version of the M16A2. I will post some images below to further show what I am trying to say.

I am comparing the Ag4, and N16. One a base game gun, the other a US weapon pack weapon.

In-game AG4 images compared to irl Ak4 images.

This is an example of a great model that is in-game. There are many details in the controls on the side. The weapon just has depth to it, with shadows coming out from all the geometry.

Ak4
AK4-both sides

In-game N16 images

I want to specifically point out some areas that I feel could use improvement. I feel the receiver/main body of the N16 could have more depth and detail. The irl M16A2 has many curves and small depth differences that add detail and make it pop more. While the N16 is just flat with some raised shapes for the various controls on the weapon. As well as a slight curve towards the top. The next bits are the grip and carry handle. Both just seem more blocky than the original weapon. Obviously it is going to have slight differences here, but I feel these are major deviations that make the model over all less quality.

irl M16A2 image/s

In conclusion, I want to say again how the models of the game look great. They have a certain feeling of depth and weight. The issues is I get none of that feeling with the N16. I feel overall it could use a facelift. This would raise the overall quality of the game’s first weapon pack as well. Thank you all for reading and considering my feedback.

12 Likes

Yes I agree, the models do need to be improved.

The handle (as you said) is lacking in certain ergonomic look. There is a whole piece of the grip that is missing on the game model, that is present on the RL model.

1 Like

Yeah, exactly my thoughts and that sloppy modelled M16 ist the reason why I didn’t buy the package at all.

Not even for support purposes…

My 2 ct.

If they update it, would you buy it?

Looks like a much better model. Either new one or revampled to the current GZ one.
I wonder why they do not just yoink it from Hunter COTW like they did with a lot of the other weapons.

Maybe they will :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Was kinda hoping it would be improved by now.

Maybe it will come in another weapon pack.

One year later…

Nothing changed and I still haven’t bought the US Weapons pack…

And thinking of my feelings about the state of the game and its bugs I honestly doubt I’ll ever buy it or any other DLC. Not even for support purposes…

Sorry but these are my 2 Ct. right now…

2 Likes

They copy paste things that shouldn’t be copy pasted yet refuse to copy paste things that Should be copy pasted ((Simply copy pasting the HEDP round schematic and moving it elsewhere or bringing in a much better m16 model))

1 Like