Nerf the flame thrower

Quid, mate.

What I meant before was that by upping the damage for everyone (robots and players) there’s no margin for error and the balance of the game changes. We move towards a severe model like instagib or one shot one kill. When you make a mistake you’re not slapped on the wrist, you’re pushed down the stairs. The play becomes so restrictive there’s little room for maneuver.
It also makes anything lower than top tier robots trash, and in my opinion wastes their character.

1 Like

No, that’s the dumbest thing I’ve ever heard. People are always complaining about experimental weapons being “OP”, they aren’t and never have been. For something to be OP it has to have absolutely no drawbacks whatsoever, experimental weapons are far from that. Not only do you have to defeat a strong opponent to get your hands on one, the drop isn’t even guaranteed, so you’d have to kill multiple of them to get one, and I think it’s well earned, I’d pretty upset if the weapon I got for killing about 10 tank rivals was lame and dinky like a normal weapon.

The distribution of a weapon says nothing of its usage-balance.

“OP” stands for: Over Powered and that’s what all experimental weapons are. All of them are in some way better than their base model counterparts.

If a weapon is designed to deal 100 points of damage and 2nd weapon is made based off from 1st one that deals 150 points of damage then the 2nd weapon is Over Powered compared to the 1st (initial) weapon. That’s the essence of OP. The bigger the gap between base model and improved model - the more OP the 2nd weapon is.

1 Like

There is a way.

Run Speed lvl2 and as soon as you see the mortar move (shooting animation), sprint run on either side or forward (towards that hunter). With this, you can avoid the complete salvo.

I’ve avoided several salvos due to this but catching the moment when apo hunter fires it’s mortar is difficult and if you miss the timing, you’ll get the hammering.

2 Likes

No, @Aesyle. The literal translation does not help here. In (video) games, over-powered stands for ill-balanced, balance breaking. E.g. giving an unfair advantage or rendering other weapons or approaches effectively use- or meaningless. Which makes @dingusel wrong as well.

Therefore it is often a difficult matter of discussion whether a weapon or other feature actually is OP.

4 Likes

A couple of good points here.

Tracking has just been disabled for melee attacks of robots. So any artillery should not track either (not sure it does).

The constant time thing is actually giving a weird feeling. Same with harvester rocket salves.

Since the issue was fixed in January '20 update, i’ll close this topic.

//Mod