New detail on island map

So I was just playing GZ on the series S yesterday, and I noticed something strange about the big island north of Himfjall. I noticed a small flat pattern on the island, I thought it was the big airport on the southern edge of the island. But it turns out there is a smaller runway on a mountain in the northwest towards Ostertorn. I haven’t noticed anything else, other than driveways and paths up the hills. Is this new? Or was it so small that I’ve never noticed it for 3 1/2 years?

Im almost positive its always been there so this is very likely to be the case.

2 Likes

It always was there… :world_map:

With as much detail it does have on it, makes you wonder if it was “something” at one time but was put to the side before completing.

One day it could come out as Gen Zero 2, like some video designers do. Sony with “Horizon Zero Dawn”. Then “Forbidden Wild” was released as an addon to the story but at the price of a whole new game.

Why couldn’t Gen Zero be done the same?

A new Island as a full prize standalone game?
Bad idea.

At least for the world of GZ.

Another example: the elder scrolls. One large world, split into different games like Oblivion, Morrowind, Skyrim,…
But each of these worlds offer hundreds of hours of exploration, quests, NPC…

That’s nothing that GZ can offer with just a new island.

What is it that let us keep on playing GZ?
The beautiful graphics (lighting and weather, not textures, render distance, level of detail) and effects and the (coop) action in general.

And of course there are the collectors of us.