New Generation Zero Roadmap

That depends on many things and sometimes is just a matter of balancing.

• Which difficulty is set?
  • Which character level and which skills?
  • How do you play? Cautious or agressive?
  • Which weapons and ammo are used?

You can’t just add harder machines everywhere. Newer players which don’t have as strong characters and weapons could get difficulties following the story and finishing the missions.

The same counts for instead just raising the amount of machines.

For me no single machine is too hard. It’s just getting heavy if there are many and many different types of machines.

A firebird is strong, but beatable with good skills in targeting its turbines. But if there are some wolves and many lynx around it’s getting really hard.

I agree with that. Currently I don’t know what other machines have, but compared to others the firebirds are hard. Hard to hit effectivly and heavy armed.

What I want to say:
Bulletsponges are not cool and everything else… If you have thousands of experimental 7.62 shock ammo and .50 you can beat everything easily. With more limited ammo or at least limited experimental ammo most players don’t need stronger enemies.

The strength of this game always was a limitation. With limited ammo, first aid, ressources even easy enemies could become hard.

But many players always just want more. More health, more strength, more or stronger enemies and weapons. And because if you have everything it becomes boring, they just want more. We need limits or to limit ourselfs to keep it fun and challenging.

1 Like

you get a rocket launcher from just few main missions at arcipelago im not joking i started new character and world. the rocket launcher was at one of the bunkers I remember maybe its the military base mission.

and not only that my friend was getting too lucky from weapons boxes that he got 2 star rocket launcher inside the command bunker.

just to let you know higher class robots have higher chances to spawn if you have higher threat level. the new players are not strong enough to kill everything they see on other regions so the threat level will not increase its means the game will not be hard if youre an weak player.

for people adventure and skirmish and guerilla rarely happens.

1 Like

Good to know. I don’t know how the game currently would feel if you start from beginning.
If it scales dynamically with threat level in each region it would be fine.

But, wait a minute… My threat level is just high for farmlands and maybe forest region, but I still have heavy battles in north coast and marshlands and especially in mountain region.

Last week I traveled by motorbike through mountain region. You can see my route in the image (orange line). At the red circles I had massive battles or just flew to complete my route and to meet my friends at the end.
On this route I left 6 tanks and 10 harvesters behind me…and uncountable masses of hunters.

A full auto experimental weapon with a corrosive effect would be a nice touch.

How about special ammunition for the RPG-7 Maybe a warhead that leaves burning chemicals behind that has a similar effect as a sticky flare?

What I really want is an optic to fit the Carl G - they exist in real life and it would make distance shots a lot more doable.

That’s what I thought about, too.
5.56 rounds, of course.

It’s a dlc weapon. I don’t think that in a regular update there will be upgrades for older dlcs im this way.

I like that there is this difference between the carl g and the rpg. I don’t think it’s necessary to have scopes for it. For long range use a pvg :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Unless they changed it in the last 2 months, this is not true at all!

Threat level means nothing here, it only gets higher with more destroyed machines, and it spawns more rivals and eventually the Reaper, the difficulty does not change and you dont get more machines or “elite classes” (FNIX/APOC)
Being a “strong player” i wish that was true and that I would find small armies in every town, village guarding it and big concentrations of machines in the countryside, but the game engine, code and current generations cant handle that type of challenge.
Where did anyone give you that information?? @attacke27

3 Likes

Oh please god, not corrosive, nor heat modifications on the 5.56, please! With one being great against armor and useless elsewhere, and vise versa for the other, that sounds like the shotgun. Useful if you have nothing else, perhaps, but there are better options available. That being said, an explosive round effect for the 5.56 would be OP, even if the blast radius was small. It would also be useful all around, but not sure what the negative effect would be to counter the OP buff. Lol, perhaps a 1% chance the gun could explode in your hands per shot, an explosive version of the tar ammo.

Maybe.
In my eyes it’s hard to find a good special ability that isn’t already there at another experimental weapon or that isn’t just granted by experimental ammo, too.
And somehow the special ability should get additional benefits if using experimental ammo with it.

The experimental 5.56 ammo is something I almost never used. Well, I almost never used a weapon with 5.56, too.

I just thought about, I don’t know the correct words, reflecting bullets. An experimental KVM89 that can spray bullets that will be reflected up to 2 times by everything and therefore have a chance to hit multiple targets, even if you miss your primary target.

1 Like

I think I see where you are going with that, and you were right that reflecting wasn’t the right word. That would mean that the bullets would come back for you. If I’m reading your intentions right, I’m guessing you’re talking about some sort of ‘smart’ or tracking round that could seek an additional target or two after hitting the first, and that idea has some awesome potential. Perhaps that the rounds fired would seek an additional target if they impact on an enemy, and on the off chance that there is only one enemy the rounds could end up seeking you as a potential target if there are no enemies near enough. This might be a similar mechanic to the Exp LMG’s effect, where if the target is hit, and you are too close to the target, you will become the ground for the electric arc and take damage as well.

That is a really cool idea Madchaser! I’d use that weapon, lol even if it would most likely end up with my horrible and very violent death. Every engagement the risk/reward would have to be calculated, and could lead to a quick victory or a sudden death. Sounds like a blast!

1 Like

Thought more about ricochet, than intelligent bullets, but sounds interesting, too.

It would also make for a really cool skill, too. I think there’s a skill on the defensive side of the perk cards in fallout 76 that, when activated, gives the player a small percentage of a chance to avoid taking damage and returning that damage to the enemy that fired it. Lol, as much as I’d like to continue down that line of thought though, I think I’m going to stop trying to shake the present under the tree to see what’s inside of it and just be patient for the day the new exp weapons drop. We don’t want to overhype ourselves, otherwise we’ll be so focused on what we think would be cool and not be able to appreciate all the effort the devs put into these new works. With all the time and effort they put in, I’d say they earned that much from us.

And to the devs I say, “Make me proud, ladies and gents. You’ve done wonderful work thus far, and I’m looking forward eagerly. When I say that, please keep in mind that I’m a middle aged guy who feels like I have a rabid toddler on a sugar high wanting to know what’s in the update, but I’m holding that little rabid thing back, for you.”

1 Like

i gained alot information from just learning it in knowing every single time when robots attacks or waiting/realoading. rivals are like lords who increase threat.
( thats the reason why you lose threat level when you kill one of them. )

if you have automatic difficulty scaling on it will spawn more robots if theres nearby seeker in combat depending threat levels. thats what i learned it was true for me or I’m just too lucky for happening this alot for me.

when i stopped killing rivals, alot robots was starting to come in soo rivals were like lords of spawn machines.

alot locations will be always the same ammount of robots. example airport sometimes spawns harvester and tanks almost always in the airport.

the extra robots only walks around the field on the map acting like rivals. they can enter other regions but will rarely happens. thats why you hear alot gunshots from soviets fighting in open fields that robots never spawn.

im not sure about soviets because its take very long to figure out. way more soviet robots in marshlands. thats what i got in best information on soviets. theyre way more harder to figure out.

its still happening they only changed the name new players didnt understand. threat level is understandable name for new players.

Afaik Automatic difficulty scaling is only intended to work in multiplayer sessions, so keep that in mind…

For the rivals, not exactly. They dont help increase the threat level in any way, the normal machines being killed does. Rivals also dont make more machines spawn, what youre experiencing here is good luck in the RNG of the machine spawns.

And automatic scaling difdiculty does not do that, its essentially just turning up machines HP and how much damage they deal to the player, similar to what difficulty does to the game. Machine spawns are never affected in any way from difficulty related stuff. Ik this because i never saw a difference Solo and in MP with it on for machine spawns, and have done a lot of both areas.

Soviet machines are the exact same, more common in northern areas due to their initial landing area.

Either way, this is getting off topic from the roadmap.

1 Like

Well, sorry to notify you…you are wrong, its just a normal mixed confusion.

• Harvesters always call for reinforcements
  • Some Rivals travel in small groups with other machines
  • Certain areas just have more enemies than others
  • The Threat level is FAKE, there is actual no difference in danger, its always the same, (as me and others told you before).
  • Seekers atract other machines
  • Explosions sometimes does the same

Thats about it, and yes this is way out of topic.

1 Like

Isn’t it so that the threat level means the threat the player is causing to the machines?

Not really.
Maybe it’s just a helping value for calculating if a rival or reaper may spawn and the devs thought it’s a good idea not to hide it.

Well, it rises the more machines we destroy. And the higher the value the greater the chance to get a rival or reaper spawn. But why should it fall if we destroy the reapers and rivals, the most dangerous machines? In this case we are even more dangerous for the machines.

In your case it would just fall the more damage we take and the more we die. The machines could get less aggressive then. Vice versa, if the threat level would rise more and more if we destroy rivals, reapers and other machines, they coulr get more in amount or more and more aggressive.

Maybe this is what it originally was intended for. I would love it. Like the threat level in GTA or RDR.

It could also control what types and classes of machines are roaming around in general. While patrols on low threat level could be just some proto runners they coulr be replaced by an apoc tank or harvester with some hunters on highest levels. Everywhere. Everytime.

Does anyone know how it affects fnix bases?

This works in multiplayer only. It will increase machine difficulty based on the number of players in your party. The more people join, the tougher the machines are to kill and the more damage they deal. It has no effect in single player. None at all.

Honestly i think it does not change the type of machines that roam arround, otherwhise if you stayed in the Archipelago after many hours after cleaning it, fnix and Apoc machines would appear there.

From my experience the base keeps upgrading the more the region level increases, i dont know the max upgrades and what they actually change, but the bases increase in level and threat i guess.

The Control point Fnix bases will upgrade from lvl 1 to 3 while you destroy any Machines in the zone (Rivals too)
Which will start with some walls and a few turrets, some Prototype Runner spanwers and 2 Shield generators.

More Info on Bases
  • Level 2:
    More walls and More Turrets
    More machine spawners, now with Hunter Spawners too
    and a 3rd Shield Generator.

• Level 3:
    Walls and Doors nearly everywhere, with only a few gabs as “tiles” were occupied by something already
    More Turrets, even Armored turrets
    More machine spawners (behind Doors), now with Seekers Spawners too
    and a 4th additional Shield Generator.

Excising machines will still be what they spawned at unless you reload the world.

Destroying a Finx base at a Control Points is -1.000 Threat points
Threat points only really have a value when it comes to spawning the Reaper
so just keep that in mind when your quickly razing Fnix Bases ^.~

On topic:

I do wonder if they will change the Darts fired from the Experimental Gauge 12
As it seems rather broken to me… <.<;
The range of the “Buck shot” is rather short, about 5~ m
The range of the “Bird shot” is 25~ m
The range of the “Slugs” none (It’s shorter then a Hammer or Bat)
When the Darts reach their max range they just explode mid air instantly (with a small explosion radios), when they impact they will explode a sec later
and Experimental Ammo for the 12 Gauge are “Corrosive Slugs” and “Medical Slugs” <.<

The difference in the shell type should Spread cone, rather hard range limit…
Birdshot Wide cone, light damage per dart
Buckshot narrow cone, moderate damage per dart
Slugs accurate, Good damage but requires precision.

That said, i do hope to see a 5.56mm and Hunting Rifle Experimental weapon ^.~
and what their synergy would be like with the Experimental ammo.

Also i’m very interasted to see what these Crafting improvements are…
as in the Profile Screen i can see a stat for “Movement speed” which we only can get from Skills (+15/30% Walking, Running and Sprinting) we do not have any schematics for that yet.

1 Like