New Inventory system complications

PS4 - I installed the new update and played with the new inventory layouts… While clean and attractive, it’s very clunky and cumbersome.

My main issue is that I can’t get the swap weapon feature to work at all… I added equipment to my hot bar/directional pad and they work fine; however, I keep assigning 2 primaries and the sidearm and the only gun that will work is whatever is assigned to slot 2. Tried single tap, double tap and hold. Cleared all gun slots and reloaded and again, only the second primary will work…

1 Like

I agree with SkEyE, I have been playing this game non-stop since launch day. Now I no longer have the will to launch and enjoy the game I’ve loved playing all this time. The Inventory is a huge part of our lives. When you first had in the grid format, it was easy to grasp. In one glance I can see what I have available in my inventory to use and what I’m running low. Whether that is weapons I’ve looted, ammunition, items, types of bandages. I can easily switch to the different types of ammo I had based on the specific arrangement I made. Now it’s a jumbled mess.

Look at other games like World of Warcraft, DayZ, Escape from Tarkov. They all have grid style inventory management. I can see you’re inspired by EFT, with the weight restrictions. Please restore the original inventory grid management for the on-the-person and add it for the Plundra. Adding tabbed grid inventory pages for crafting items, weapons, ammunition, recipes would be perfect. The old way is the best way.

3 Likes

I agree , grid format for player was great but since it’s gone , i also dont feel like launching game and i have 63 rivals to Loot ’ cant be bothered with the clunker backpack player inventory ’ , The plundra i think is fine with tabs to separate weapons as it needed a sorting , i will say the player rucksack is terrible and is a turn off for me after a whole year , cheers

2 Likes

It`s a sad day when most of the players don´t like this new feature and many are planning to give it a pause or just retiring.
Myself have other games to play and things to do.
After some intense and fun time with this game, it´s time to stop until this inventory mess is at least patched and improved.
Have fun everybody, i´m out.

4 Likes

I hope after seeing all the feedback they will give us some options for customizing the inventory system or better yet let us pick between the two. I have a thread where I mention this.
SPP

2 Likes

OK. I’ll have to look into that. Right now I don’t see it. Why split the stack?

Well, personally, I’m one of the ‘whiners’. I mostly launch GZ to see if the version number has changed. If I bother to play at all, it has to be solo. The rest of my team has given up on GZ. I’m not an experienced player so, hamstrung by this new inventory system, I die a lot. Thankfully, it’s virtual and only hurts a little.

4 Likes

Completely in agreement with you! Gimme a fast switch so I can keep blasting that Tank while running like a panicking scaredy-cat .

2 Likes

I really like the game. But the new inventory system on PC is a mess. Not only the big problem to change ammunitions, as already mentioned. No, I have another bug since the update.

My weapons, which are ASSIGNED TO A SLOT in the inventory, are not choosable, If I change back from Inventorymode to the game mode, the weapons are disappearing. The ONLY working slot ist Number 3, which is the handgun.

Do I something wrong, or is this bug known?

4 Likes

To all the haters, give it some time.

Started playing and was really lost, hated the new inventory, Took a good time for me to understand the over complicated system, but after a couple of hours it all changed, I love it.

You can carry a lot more ammo / stuff then before, just select the right ammo before you engage the fight, whit two main weapons and a side arm their is absolutely no problem at all to win the fight, especially when you can carry a lot more in backpack.

I don’t think the is intended to play as a shooter, running around and shooting on the fly

2 Likes

For those who can’t equip their weapons:

1. put every weapon you have into Plundra
  2. close Plundra (just in case)
  3. open Plundra and take all your weapons out
  4. equip your weapons

That fixes the equip bug.

It was asked by players who play MP. Rather than dropping the whole stack of ammo for their buddy (e.g 240 rounds of 7.62mm), they requested a feature where they can split the stack.

It makes sense since if you only have 240 rounds of FMJ and if you can drop only the full stack, then you’d be out of ammo. With stack split, you can drop 80, 100, 120, 140 etc rounds, so both players have some ammo.

Basically, here’s the shortcomings of the current system:

We need:

• Some kind of sorting for items in the inventory/storage so it doesn’t turn into an impossible to parse mess of items.
  • The ability to see the rarity of mod optics.

It would be extremely beneficial:

• The ability to quickly swap ammo types on equipped weapons.

It would be nice:

• To have multiple sorting options.
  • To stack duplicate items with each other. (This already happens with things like ammo or consumables, but it would be nice to also stack duplicate weapons and mods.)
  • To remove equipped mods from the mod list, or mark them more clearly.
  • To make it easier to see the rarity of mods on a weapon at a glance (for example: color coding the icons on the item card.
  • The ability to quickslot additional items. (Since they now consume inventory weight anyway.)

Anyone got any others?

1 Like

There is sorting: primary weapons, handguns, consumables, attachments, ammo, resources.

In the old grid system, if you didn’t have 2 free slots next to each other, you couldn’t pick up a weapon.

These two are now a things in game.

These benefit only (or mainly) run and gun playstyle. GZ has never been run and gun game (e.g like Doom: Eternal) and for that reason, i like GZ.

That can cause game crash and loss of dropped items. Proof here: Watch out by dropping weapons!

1 Like

No, the tabs don’t actually sort the items, they only filter what you see.

And, that’s not what I’m talking about anyway. Something like sorting by item name, then rarity, for example. Currently that does not happen, and it makes things like the ammo tab, a complete mess to skim through, when you’re looking to pull ammo.

1 Like

Each ammo type only appears as one instance in the list, making the new system far more convenient than the old system with ammo stacks was. But sure, if it can be implemented, why not.

2 Likes

An option to have the original settings would be nice

2 Likes

Each caliber has at least two variants, some (such as the RPG and 12 Gauge have three.) If you’re storing a wide variety of ammunition, even if it’s not in particularly large quantities, the results can become seriously messy. Especially if you’re pulling a weapon out of storage that you don’t use often.

1 Like

There’s a new feature in-game that hasn’t been told and which i found out.

For example: if you use 12G shotty with buckshot and if you put it into Plundra with ammo equipped, all the buckshot ammo you had, goes into Plundra as well. And when you pull that weapon out of Plundra, it comes with all the buckshot ammo already equipped.

1 Like

Not quite. It will come with the ammo that was loaded into it when it was banked. It won’t automatically pull all of the ammo.

This is actually a little more extensive than that. It will (sometimes) pull the attachments that the weapon had (including ammo) when it was banked. however, this functionality seems a bit hit or miss.

1 Like

All we need now is the water and food consumption to turn this into the survival game that so many want. I hope to hell that never happens, the addition of the weight system to me is also another great mess up of the game by Avalanche. Might nearly be time to uninstall never to look back.

1 Like