New update a bit OP

You’re not being ignored. The devs are aware that many are displeased with the Update and they’re working on improving it, but personally I don’t think we’ll see it until the next monthly update.

Very funny. Great.

Fires every 2 sec. Lightning fast. Over more than a city away. And this is skirmish.

3 Likes

First of all, it’s only been a week. Secondly, if you’re expecting an answer right now it’s weekend. There’s also a world-wide pandemic going on and in Sweden many are not allowed work. The team working on the game are also fairly small.

All I can say, the issues are being worked on, and no-one is getting ignored. This thread’s for feedback to the April Update. Keep it civil and constructive.

4 Likes

At least the Ticks now have a Kamikaze mode…

2 Likes

OK after we spent couple of hours after the last update, we will avoid Harvesters at any cost - the fight is not worth - you spend tons of ammo, medkits and the loot is meh.

Tank is better although its light-speed rockets are frustrating.

The rest is OK

Nowhere, yet. I’m sure they’ll get to it when there’s time. That’s all the answer I can give.

1 Like

I AM happy to read this,i really like the game,i like updates,i want to finish the story,but i really don t understand why they Change all the Gameplay,They spoiled the entire immersion of the Game, the encounters with machines were rarer, but much more frightening, the excessive respawn, made the game more boring, it is not more difficult, it is more boring, the areas we clean, have to stay clean, only from time to time machines appear there, make the machines travel,put some surprise in the game,in realistic way, everthing in normal mode,if the people want this new update,put this “update” in other dificulty mode

1 Like

This latest update… Thnx. It really sucks. AI is now ridiculous. It doesn’t matter what you do, you get killed anyway in 15 to 30 secs. I just killed more than 10 hunters, 2 runner, 2 harvester, 2 tank - outside of safehouse. Usually I died after few steps, because of long range rocket etc.
This is totally different game than I bought. I have played more than 40 hours and last hour was enough. No more…

2 Likes

All - we all love the game and the work the dev’s have put into it, and rightly as players dissapointed in what’s happened.

But almost all of us are locked up in our houses, I’m sure that the dev team are doing work and we’re simply not seeing it yet & it will be as hard as hell to work together on this with the pandemic going on.

I’ve played 60 hours plus and is it frustrating after the update? Hell yes, but let’s take a wider view and await a reply and work, please.

I play online with 3 friends and we’re all grumpy but we’re finding ways to enjoy the game, if you can’t, and I understand that, maybe take a break for a bit and don’t see the game in a bad light, this has been a great find for me and I will await however long it takes to get it sorted.

Take care all

1 Like

Right, that’s enough out of you for a while. Take that time to figure out how to follow the Code of Conduct in the meanwhile, then either come back with that in mind or not at all.

Is it just me thats gotten terrible at this game or has it gotten a LOT harder?
I’m getting my butt kicked by ONE lone fenix tank nowdays.

Threads merged. Give it a read.

//Mod

Didn’t read any of this, because there is just too much.

All I want to say in terms of Guerilla mode - It was interesting, but then it got frustrating. My bad for being solo, but I really wanted to test myself against the high difficulty. It ended up being just quicker AI firing and missiles, with endless waves of backup, depleting all my resources.

One good thing out of this - I was satisfied pulling off quick peeks and shots, baiting hunters and dancing on the field with all the close shots. The agility and aim really paid off for the start, but the end was rough…

After all the resources are depleted, I couldn’t really top off, because this one area I decided to ‘start’ testing the guerilla mode, ended up being my last. I kept heading back there, just to finish the encounter and finally get some loot back, but gave up after about 40 minutes. Enemies keep coming and don’t seem to reach an end and amplify the wonky part of combat in the game. The wonky parts being, sitting in a house, respawning nearby, getting AI glitched in buildings etc.

It started great, but ended up being a frustration. Just putting my thoughts out…

2 Likes

So I finally got around to give this update a try. I’m on Guerilla playing solo and being on lvl 11 atm.

I appreciate the increased aggressivity in parts. Making the machines being more aggressive is truly welcome but laws of physics have still to be considered. Shooting through wood walls sounds reasonable but that should apply to the player as well.
Poisonous gas should not be instantly inside a certain radius, it should spread slowly and consider wind directions as well especially on the coastline.
Rocket spamming like having photone torpedoes sounds reasonable for the time (Star Trek TNG) but we’re not in space :wink:

What baffles me the most is the - to be polite - mediocre loot you get out of a fight. I don’t expect to get exactly what I used but it should be somewhere in the ballpark. Fighting a mil harvester and getting 7 bucks, 11 slugs, 19 hp for the magnus, 1 advanced medkit and 7 glue is baffling. I didn’t use the magnus nor a shot gun. And that one medkit wouldn’t suffice the deaths I experienced. Fortunately I had this fight directly at a safe house so I didn’t need medkits and adrenaline shots but wouldn’t fight something like this in the open.

Since my play style is sneak and sniper focused I really appreciate the increased damage done by the Meusser and Älgstudsare. Prior to the update I needed 2 shots with SP ammunition, now one shot suffices. That feels truly more rewarding.

I think the mechanics need tweaking definitely but the way it took is in the right direction. I really hope the devs finetune it soon and do inventory improvents since every split second can now decide whether you need an adrenaline shot or not.

3 Likes

One other thought: This update is also instructive, as it points out the importance of beta-testing. Torsberga and Himfjall issues alone should have been caught before this patch was pushed, as they’re both instantly observable on arriving at either location; Himsfjall might be forgivable due to cross-platform issues and Sony patch-push procedures I’m not aware of, but Torsberga is all-platform, and only requires a single beta tester to fast travel and walk 20 meters.

There may be problems in the beta-tester reporting methodology, or dev access to the same, or a severely limited pool of testers, or in fact no beta test cycle at all. I don’t know, but none of those possibilities is good.

3 Likes

People i think after almost one week of insults and criticism (which is needeed) the devs get the picture by now, don´t you have other games and things to do?
Almost everyone agrees that the weapons range and speed are OP, i´m almost certain they are going to fix that but it´s gonna take from days to some weeks.
You can still play the game even in skirmish mode, just not like you used to do, the number of enemies has not changed it´s almost the same, ammo quantity depends from person to person, loot spawn is still not balanced.
Things are going to take a while, for those who are constantly criticizing the game, i understand your frustration, the combat was great and now it´s a real Guerrilla simulator, but try to have a bit of patience, there’s really nothing else anyone of us can do but wait for the next update.
If by then, they still haven´t fixed some of the worst latest “abilities” we as fans will keep asking for combat balance, but try to remain calm, almost everyone here loves the game, so let´s have a bit of hope, i believe this is just a setback and soon the game will be on track again :wink:

3 Likes

Was that really necessary? If we put emotion aside for a moment, he is technically correct. No devs have given any kind of public statement to us customers, regarding ANY of this. That is the definition of ignoring something. You SAY they are working behind the scenes to address the issue, but we only have your word on that. I’m not saying that you, yourself are being dishonest, however, it WOULD be nice to see something, anything out of a member of the development team. Even if it’s nothing more than: “we are aware of issues with the April update. We are analyzing the feedback, and working to correct issues. Thank you for your patience, and we’ll have more for you soon”. That took me literally 10 seconds to type up…however, coming from a dev, that 10 seconds of effort would mean heaps to the customers.

Now, that james fella appears to be quite upset, and rightfully so. He appears to be frustrated by the lack of information. And, again, if you put feelings aside, you telling us we’re not being ignored, for reasons i explained earlier, is, in fact, a lie. It’s nice that you tell us they’re working on it, but until we hear it from them, it’s just something you’re saying. I’m assuming you temp-banned the guy… that seems a bit heavy-handed, don’t you think?

2 Likes

It is a rare occurence. I have seen them reply to posts. In reality the occurrence would be rare:

1. The more developers interact with the community, the more people expect from them, ultimately further diminishing our view of the game and even possibly them as developers when expectations are not met.
  2. They designed the game. Obviously there is room designated for inserting mechanics the players wish to see, but they have come up with a long term plan for the game and have an end goal they are trying to reach.
  3. Developers are just as human as the rest of us. I would have to imagine how stressful and even irritating it is for them to see the constant disappointment from unsatisfied players. There are countless hours that have been dedicated too the players for making this game what it is.
    Now to remain unbiased and for the sake of argument You as the developers introduced yourself personally in the forums which placed upon yourself the expectation that you would be more involved in the community. I appreciate your time you put in the game and here’s some encouragement- keep making it an awesome that I for one really enjoy. Let me get some love for the dev’s you robot killing gamers!
3 Likes

The devs are not refraining from recognising the community, it’s been a week and the community has been allowed to submit very important feedback. It’s possible the devs could be more active yes, but these are unusual circumstances with the state of the world and all.

You SAY they are working behind the scenes to address the issue, but we only have your word on that. I’m not saying that you, yourself are being dishonest, however, it WOULD be nice to see something, anything out of a member of the development team.

Yes, I’d also like to hear something from them. I’m only saying what I’ve been told, because I’ve asked.
An official statement would be great, it would put many minds to ease.

I’m assuming you temp-banned the guy… that seems a bit heavy-handed, don’t you think?

Code of Conduct;

Bans & Moderator actions
Please do not discuss forum bans, game bans, social media bans, or moderator actions on the open forum. If you feel you have been banned unjustly, contact support.

This thread’s been derailed enough. But despite that, I’m sure the message has gotten through by now, that many are unhappy about the April Update’s changes. The devs are aware of this, surely now more than ever. We’ll have to see what comes of it.

2 Likes