New Weapon Ideas

If you look the animation closely, you may see that before grabbing it, the shell comes some ways out of the barrel. At least, this is what i see.

Yeah, upon opening, the empty shell is pushed up slightly.

Since the game is rolling over to the 90s thought the p90 would be a sweet submachine gun to add! The gun actually came out in 1990. And other guns that came out in 1990 was the russian A-91 bullpup rifle! The K-3 bullpup rifle was also born in 1990! Sorry about the rambling about guns I love em lol!

1 Like

Same feature request topics merged.

//Mod

Those sound like good ideas. The Russian gun especially, because there’s already one Russian gun in the game.

Not sure if the p90 is an American gun or not. But if it is, there will probably be push back from the community that wants only none-american guns.

Speaking of weapons origins, i did the legwork on them. From another topic:

3 Likes

The FN P90 is a firearm made by FN Herstal. FN being a Belgian company. This is the same company that made the FN Five-Seven. Both of these weapons use the same caliber, 5.7x28mm.

3 Likes

To add to the weapon origins. Quite a few of the weapons are Swedish re-makes of other popular weapon designs, most notable being the AG4/AK4 and AG5/AK5. Just thought it was interesting. Another interesting fact is that the Meusser has ,“Made in U.S.A” on the side.

I myself am still hoping for a PKM and SVD. SVD could be a nice in between of the Alg rifle and PVG. Both could use the 7.62 caliber. Since they lumped both x39 and x51 into one, might as well throw x54R into the mix as well.

I had one idea for a new experimental as well as agreement with two other ideas.
My new idea is to turn the experimental moller into a sort of improvised submachine gun, with automatic fire, increased effective distance, and perhaps clamped mags for faster reloading.
I also wanted to second the ideas of an underdrive HP5, (Though I’d be interested to hear an explanation for the mechanism it might work by), and a sort of acid-splatter for the semit-auto shotgun.

Small caliber mortar with a nice indirect fire arc. Be able to drop some HE onto a tank or harvester from behind cover. Have to set the direction and angle of the tube some how but it would add a new dimension to the weapon choice.

Second would be claymores. Explosive with a bunch of fragments that can be triggered by wire or remote. Good to put in a doorway or around a corner for urban warfare or getting rid of a hunter who followed you home.

Flame thrower is obvious and has been mentioned above. Would be nice to scavenge fuel cells from bots and use that to run the flamethrower. Its a short range weapon so may be more use against the larger targets as it would take a while to affect them. But could be fun as a high risk, high reward option. Friendly fire could be an issue and using it inside a building should be instant death. Good for clearing tunnels in bunkers.

We should be able to scavenge all the weapons and ammo that the bots use. Being able to mod their guns at the workbench and fit a stock and grips to it, tape on a scope and go. Obviously the larger bots weapons may be beyond person-portable… so there may be an upper limit to what we can scavange from a tank.

Fuel tank with a sticky flare attached might make a good trap. Have not tested it but it may already work in game. Must go test that…

1 Like

Personally, I feel like a lot of the guns in GZ use 7.62. Obviously not all of them, but quite a few. This strains your ammo stores, especially when you are using several of the guns at one time (e.g. AI 76, AG 4). So, if other ammo types were added it would be beneficial. For instance, .223. It’s not a very powerful round, but ballistically it would be good for destroying components. Also, 45 / 70 is a good rifle calibre, if your looking for solid impact.

.223 is the more or less the same as 5,56mm

Yup, just changed slightly to better fit combat. Some good info on it here.

Yeah. In fact, you can actually shoot a .223 in a 5.56, so it wouldn’t be that different functionalitybwise, but as I said, ballistically, they would perform a bit differently. But of course, that’s barring on whether or not GZ is that realistic, but if it’s not, then it would be a mute point.

I thought about this anti-tank rifle when I fist started playing.

1 Like

Maybe these two versions of NIVA XM1970 by Carl Gustafs Stads Gevärsfaktori (Rifle Factory of Carl Gustaf’s Town) :grimacing:
Info about these experimental weapons:
NIVA XM1970

At the bottom they have the text about these two
Göta Vapen

NIVA XM1970 v2

If the devs added one of these, they probably would add the NIVAXM 1970, due to the fact that the second gun is American made, and for some reason a lot of people seem to not want American guns in this game. However, the NIVA appears to be a rather large bullet, which I personally would like, because the larger bullets tend to have good impact.

A bit necroposting, the topic for some reason eluded me all this time. A nitpicking.

Ak4 is licensed H&K G3 (the mother of MP5), so Germany.
Ak5 is licensed FN FNC, Beligium.

Where’s war, there’s arms moving, and where’s arms moving - there’s arms dealings, thus money making.
Someone been “donating” arms to Sweden in this crisis. Someone politely “asking for discreete cooperation”. People from mainland volunteered and took initiative themselves, bypassing government’s opinion, by buying stock locally and abroad - they would like to join, but island is watched closely. Arms dealers abroad smelled the profit.
Smuggler’s pack:
Vz. 61 SMG - compact machine pistol. PDW for crewmen, popular among criminals for firepower in a pocket package and ubiquitous .32 ACP. Too prized to be throwaway, got too much police’s “attention” to keep it along, thus “lost” on Ostertorn. (role: smg in secondary slot)

SPAS-15 - combat shotgun, proven, tested, respected. Though not a very famous. And to trade it is a privilege of people with power and connections. Just like italian mafia. Standart shotgun shells, either pump or semi-auto. Magazine-fed. (role: speed-loading shotgun via mags)

AI Arctic Warfare - new iteration of british sniper rifle, ordered by Sweddish Armed Forces and suited for harsh nordic climate. Around D-Day It was undergoing military trials. Now, this new rifle is going to be baptised in fire on homeland. Got delivered by brave volunteers from civilians and soldiers. (lore: AI AW indeed been in sweddish military trials around '90. This specific model is the one which later ended up being very successful and famous. L115 - .338 Lapua, the one people know as AWM; L118 - .308 win, the rare “older” brother, because neither widely used nor widely recognized due to cartridge, L115 is based on this one. role: rival to Barrett M82, bolt action rifle with extreeme power and velocity, perfect trajectory, high component damage multiplier, rare ammo, rifle accessories, suppressor included.)

Honorary mentions:
G36: “a private venture of a manufacturer through middlemen - clandestine testing of early prototype”.
Because development stated “1990-1995”.

2 Likes

Those are fantastic ideas. Especially the machine pistol.

Can agree with that but nothing beats getting close and personal with a shotgun sending runner’s flying