New Weapon Ideas

I do see where you have been coming from with all the realism you highlighted and I’ll admit it a major criticism for the implementation of melee weapons, however I think that the element of game play experiences are slightly more prioritized above realism in spite of the fact it plays a major role in realistically designed virtual universe. If the developers do indeed add melee weapons to the game whilst attempting to maintain the realism the game is intended to hold then I would like to see only the riot shield implemented if there are no other realistic alternatives. Thanks for the comments! :wink:

1 Like

I understand the need to balance fun and realism in a game. Game designers do have to take some freedoms that veer away from reality to increase game fun. In some games, you have reality-bending mechanics, but that are typically worked into the game via the story narrative

An example of this would be the sacred tree in Far Cry: New Dawn. The game is mostly realistic (in a game sense) until that point. Typical physics and abilities you’d except from most first person shooters. Then you eat the fruit from this magic tree and it gives you superhuman abilities. It fits the narrative of the story and is acceptable in pushing the boundaries of reality. And it’s just fun as hell using those super powers for melee combat.

But being able to go mano-a-robo with a heavily armed, armoured killing machine with a crowbar or golf club and having any expectations of it turning out positively for the player is pushing things well outside the boundaries of plausibility. It breaks (game) reality completely.

I typically love melee combat in first person shooters. Beyond what I mentioned above, I don’t see it as being a really viable or realistic mechanic due to the nature of the enemies we’re fighting.

2 Likes

Sheild system like on r6 and division could help.

Tase prod recipe: 1 small battery, 1 police baton, 5 wires and scrap metal. You got a up close deterrence

1 Like

That why I said that I would be satisfied if just implemented the riot shield and perhaps even a shield that could temporarily disable the enemies visual components essentially blinding them and only relying on the auditable sense to find and attack you, no?

1 Like

a military exo-skeleton could be a craftable item from salvageable destroyed robots ( or even in a secret locked bunker ) , and could allow a person using it to gain increased carry capacity and also a malee right click attack on weapons that have only a single attack mode. back slap those nasty ticks , and punch leaping runners . www.army-technology.com/projects/human-universal-load-carrier-hulc/

2 Likes

so people want hunger/thirst, crafting and power armor. we could just play Fallout 76.

just kidding, I’ll take an exo suiit please

1 Like

That seems a bit advanced for 1989, don’t you think?

1 Like

that is true , but also hunter robots would be advanced for even now

3 Likes

Me: That seems advanced for 1989.
Jakel: Hunters are advanced even for 2019.
Professionally outstanding move! lol :wink:

2 Likes

I was thinking, this game should get an auto pistol as an update. It would be fun spraying enemies.
(Devs probably wont add it).
(Sorry if this is copying another post):grin:

5 Likes

Don’t worry about it, this is the place for requesting stuff after all :slight_smile: I think an automatic pistol could be a cool idea, like maybe the Glock but with burst fire, or a very small SMG, like the Mini UZI.

Edit: I think swedish secret service actually used UZI’s in the 80’s.

5 Likes

A very good idea indeed,it would be a fun addition :wink: .
Maybe one of these ?

• The Interdynamic MP-9 (9mm caliber), produced between 1983-1984 in Sweden.

• The famous Skorpion vz, a 32 ACP machine pistol.

• Or as @Zesiir said, the Uzi another 9mm weapon .

Note:All of them would be for the Handgun slot.

4 Likes

Especially if it went into the handgun slot :+1:

3 Likes

I vote for Skorpion vz61 .32 ACP, Möller PP has no SMG equivalent. And please replace both 9mm ammo variants with one common.

3 Likes

For me any of them, the MP-9 would ust fit better because it´s made in Sweden, but on the other hand with the Skorpion the 32 acp rounds would serve for something else than the Moller PP :sweat_smile:

Although it’s been waning in popularity for the last decade or so, the .32 ACP Skorpion has been a common SMG among criminals in Sweden for a long time. Back in my youth, Skorpions were basically the only fully automatic firearms in circulation, so it would absolutely make sense in GZ.

3 Likes

I did not know that fact…interesting :thinking:

Topics merged.

Thanks!
boston_51

How about a sawed off shotgun being able to be put in your sidearm slot.

1 Like

I think having a new sniper or bolt action rifle made in Sweden would be nice like the Swedish Mauser ?(Xbox)
image image

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swedish_Mauser Here is some of its history
Swedish Mauser
“Swedish Mausers” are a family of bolt-action rifles based on an improved variant of Mauser’s earlier Model 1893, but using the 6.5×55mm cartridge, and incorporating unique design elements as requested by Sweden. These are the m/94 (Model 1894) carbine, m/96 (Model 1896) long…

5 Likes