Nice game but bad idea for saving

I have to say I was enjoying playing this but after 2hrs had to end the game, then I get your game progress maybe lost if you quit… why is there no option in the menu for me to save. It’s a simple thing to do but you seem to be not playing fair…
Please add a save option in the menu, otherwise I will have to not play this… There is no point if I don’t know if I have saved or not.
Thank
Glen…

You can save the game by opening a storage box. Or dropping an item. Of course it is not as convenient as a save button in the pause menu. But it works for the time being.

2 Likes

Opening your inventory makes the game save as well, meaning you can technically save at the press of a button.

2 Likes

There is a hexagonal symbol appearing from time to time in the upper right corner - that’s when the game saves. If you look closely you’ll notice that GZ saves quite often :wink:

3 Likes

It does. But the best option is to travel to a safe house. That also triggers a save.

2 Likes

The game instantly saves any changes to the inventory/character/progress but not your current location. Any time you return to your game, you will be spawned at a safehouse, that is closest to the location you were, when you last logged out.

You largely don’t need to think about saving the game. Just about what safehouse you’ll be at, when you next log in :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Autosave is common feature with today’s games. Compared to the manual saving, autosave has several benefits:

• you don’t have to manually save your game
  • game is saved frequently, so your progress is kept updated
  • save file is kept at minimum size, overwriting the old save

Downsides are that there are no take backs. Essentially every action you do, is permanent. And save corruption can happen with any save system, be it: automatic system (in GZ), manual system (e.g GTA:Vice City) or checkpoint save system (e.g Doom:Eternal).

1 Like

@Niskin What exactly is it that you find problematic?
Have you lost anything from your inventory when you restart the game? If so that’s a bug…
Or do you think the problem is that you always have to begin at the nearest safehouse?
That’s just the way it is. I never saw this as a problem. I hope you don’t quit just because of that. :slight_smile:

I think the other posts pretty much answer this, I like the auto save as I don’t need to worry about saving, please don’t quit over this as you will learn to plan via safe houses, it’s a great game be a shame to miss the journey :grin::+1:

There really should be multi-autosave like some other games. Like 2-5. So that when an accident happens it only corrupts the most recent one and not everything you’ve worked on. A lot of games have this feature where you can even set the amount of autosaves yourself.

I’d really like a save system like dark souls where it just periodically auto saves so whenever you quit it picks up exactly where you left off

That is what gz does, it’s just when you start your game it puts you at the closest safehouse to where your last save was :slight_smile:

That’s my point, I wish it would start you exactly where you left off

Right in the middle of a robot spawning area would be terrible.
I don’t think Dark Souls autosaves in combat areas (or maybe it does, haven’t played it, but that sounds terrible). Whereas the only “safe areas” in GZ are safehouses.