No complaints, just compliments, and my personal story

Can i just say i have loved this game from my very start.
I had origionally seen gameplay about Generation Zero from a youtuber known as IGP while he played it on PC back in early 2020, and this game fascinated me ever since. So when i learnt it was available for xbox. I had to get my hands on it.

From the very start i convinced my friends to get the game and try it out with me. And they to loved it. We loaded in and fought some runners. And about died of fear when we learnt about hunters, tanks, and harvesters. We played on guerilla difficulty and had to pick and choose our fights til we scoured across the lands for safehouses to go wherever we pleased.

When late 2020 came across. We seen the Alpine unrest DLC released. Me and my best friend chipped in to get the cash necessary to buy it for the both of us. Scared to death of apocalypse class ticks (yes i said Theyre evil i tell you!) And when we opened FOA 6 and seen the expiremental tank just sitting thereā€¦ Immediately we started guessing what it was.
Thanks to another Youtuber known as BurgerPlayer i learnt my assumption was correct in this was going to be a programmed superboss for the game. And i knew me and my friends had to save every bullet, Explosive, and adrenaline shot we could scrounge up and shove it into our stashes.

Much to our suprise in waiting we noticed the FNIX rising DLC dropped in 2021 and we were hell-bent to play it as well. And about had our minds blown when we seen base building was a thing. Sure it was buggy. But we loved it all the same. Especially infiltrating FNIX at the end!

Then the big event for us came. The Reaper Spawn.
To explain. One fine night at about 01:00 i had fount the destroyed bunker and was scrounging for loot. Only to find the super suspicious computer and when i went to identify it. Bam. It turns red. And im informed of a new blueprint entry marked ā€œReaperā€ so i read. And squeal in excitement as i spam call my friend 8 times for em to get on and load up this wonderful game. (Which he does so reluctantly)
We all pile on. And one by one get the reaper blueprint.
It took us a week of killing bots in the farmlands. For us to finally spawn the monster of Generation Zero. And with careful (but futile) planning we lure it to the destroyed bunker. And attack. Missiles hurling every which way. Thousands of AK and shotgun rounds and i dont remember how many thermobaric blast kills later and we obtain our first legendaries. (Between 4 people. A shotgun, a sniper rifle, a rocket launcher and a emp pistol) thus the fun was had. To respawn this beast. And beat it down again and again and again to get more fabeled loot.

We ended up taking a small break til i heard rumors of the russian invasion in the works. (2022) and i did some digging. Joining the discord and the like. Til all of the sudden it drops so beautifully in my hands. Along with it. A beautiful bike DLC. I wasted no time blaring the horn on my friends to resurface to scour the sweedish landscape once more!
After the initial exploration of the russian menace we then held dirt bike races across the airfield as we used comm lures to lure every robot in a 5 mile radius to us for what i nicknamed ā€œExtreme Motocrossā€.

After another small break. Til late 2022 We come back to the aerial menace ā€œFirebirdā€. We piled on once more as i learnt through the loveable discord where to begin this mission. And thus i strolled near the starting point. Spammed my friends to join. And placed down a field radio for them to fast travel.
Can say in my imo. I loved the firebird. It brought a new refreshing feel to the bots that i hope to see more of.

And here recently. I learnt of the loveable robo runner companion whom which i adore to use during my escapades.

There has not been many games me and my friends have come back to consecutively to fall in love with all over again. For this i must say thank you to the devs, community, youtubers, and casuals of Generation Zero for tweaking, playing, and appreciating every bit of this wonderful game. And i hope it continues to grow and evolve in new and exciting ways with every update.

9 Likes

Thank you so much for writing this, Iā€™ll gladly share it with the Dev Team! I hope you have even more fun in 2024. Happy holidays!

2 Likes

The same goes for me, i have never played so many hours on a game as this one. I played GZ from day 1.
The enviroment, the lighting, the setting, the lonelyness, the loot, searching for loot, searching for collectables, recycling, crafting (sooo many consumables) :scream:.
There are so many ways on how to engage the robots, so many ways to confuse them :joy:
Its getting to the point that its hard to choose wich way you want to engage.

3 Likes

I have to say the same. I play since December 2019 and the game lost never my interest. It is so unique with the feeling of lonelines and the atmosphere that was catched by the devs. There are so many ways to play that game and to fight the bots. It had inspired me for two storys and more. I hope that the devs will continue their fabolous work on the game. My best wishes for the team an d the community members. And a successfull happy new 2024.

2 Likes

Great post

I donā€™t think I would have stayed sane during lockdown without Gen ZšŸ˜†
So many stories and great sessions with friends, the game has changed a great deal but I still drop in now.
The launch of this game and early game play was some of the most atmospheric and intriguing Iā€™ve experienced, loved the mystery but that can never last forever, much thanks to all involved and all who play , Iā€™ve got the collectors edition PS4 from early days sitting on my shelf , it will be there no doubt for years to come , all thatā€™s happened between that first sweaty prototype runner kill :laughing::v:
Thank you all :sweden::uk::v:

2 Likes

Merry Xmas and keep your writing dreams alive :v::heart::christmas_tree:

1 Like

Merry Christmas and all the best for you and your family. :smiley: :evergreen_tree: :clinking_glasses: :gift:

2 Likes