No DLC mission after installing Alpine Unrest

I’ve just got it to unlock.

I joined a random multiplayer game, and 3x achievements popped as soon as I spawned.

We’re Fully Booked
Other Survivors
Outside in The Distance

When I looked at the map, there was only one other player, and he was on the island.

I fast traveled to the Lennart’s Marin safe house (earlier this evening the game had removed the Lennart’s Marin safehouse) and left the game.

I quickly continued in my own world and immediately the ‘Not Alone’ mission popped up for me to access.

2 Likes

looks like it got really tested before releasing :wink:

3 Likes

Just worked for me also, i just join somebody’s game and then left and I have my missions for the dlc

1 Like

I got first mission, Not Alone to work after joining in multiplayer and came back to do solo. Unfortunately, the achievement did not popped after I completed Not Alone mission. I stopped playing right there before doing second mission. I tried to restart my Xbox one, didn’t work. I uninstalled and reinstalled the game again to start up. It did not work, either. I stopped playing right there until they fix the issue.

I can’t even play Apline Unrest dlc until they get achievements pop up working. I am PISSED!

Obviously not! It’s a mess.

1 Like

Well…I didn’t expect it to be a smooth release :wink:
Will try the mp solution tonight just to get my paid product.

I’m suffering from this issue as well [Xbox]. Unfortunately none of the suggested work around methods helped. Apart from farming small machines for the challenge counts there’s nothing left to do now.

1 Like

That’s really annoying! I hoped it gets fixed for you soon.

1 Like

So I joined a couple of random MP games till i found someone that had the DLC, and it unlocked a couple of safe houses. Unfortunately, it didn’t start the Not Alone mission. I left the MP session, and started my single player game. Safe houses were there, so I fast traveled to the first one on the new island. Still no mission. Quit the game, loaded back in, and I’m back in Marden. Both safe houses where you take the boat (new and old island) are gone.

This is getting really frustrating. The DLC shows as installed. I’ve tried disabling and re-enabling it, and nothing. Anyone know a way for me to get access to the new missions?

Thanks…

still no fix yet? Thats really bad…

I dont know if it helps but I join a low level group that hadn’t gone to the forest region yet and it worked for me

Still no fix yet. Dlc still not working for me after 2 days joining many random multiplayer games. Any news on the fix Devs.:+1: on ps4. Not done missions yet but have earned trophies by using workaround

2 Likes

I was lucky enough to get mine working through the Player A/B method.
I’m not sure if Biddinwar used a custom save when doing this but I would like to pass the favor forward.

I have a bunch of old savefiles I don’t play on anylonger, they were playthrough tests on the different patches and so on…
If on PC I can bring up a suitable save(not been to forest region) and try to force yours to start like mine did.

2 Likes

Another data point.

1. I got all 4 new machine blueprints. Nothing happened (I did get to fight new runners :smiley:)
  2. I joined a random multiplayer game and got the first island safehouse, but still no luck on the mission appearing.

I was in the safe house on the “main land” closest to the boat before the update.

Could this potentially work, too, if “Player A” doesn’t own the DLC but has never been to the forest region !? That would be for me the closest I could get into a relatively fresh game of a friend who doesn’t own the DLC.

found a game with a new player… starting and did not know about the DLC… and it seemed to work for me

1 Like

Well, I have the same issue of not starting the first mission (PS4), so I followed the suggestion of going online to trigger it, but, when I got to find my first secondary, the one in the camping area, it’s also bugged. I pick the map on the… doghouse? But the mission won’t progress. You guys still have a lot to polish and it’s not a good time for overclock working…

1 Like

Got an update this morning that fixed the problem. Thanks devs!

1 Like

Update? A patch fix for Alpine Unrest?

1 Like

Pc only update for now consoles next week