No free weapons updates?

i dont understand why is the developers making new weapons but they paid? when are they gonna add new weapons that is not paid? does anybody know why, or is it just like straight up if want more fun, pay more.

i think i saw that they have two different teams one for dlc, and one for free base game updates. so ig the dlc team decided to work on weapon pack idk

Since this is not a subscription-based game, they have to generate income to pay the developers with some of the DLC. There have been a number of free DLC packs, but with content other than weapons. And then again - this is not entirely true, since the Rivals and Experimental weapons pack was a free DLC.

It would appear that weapon packs are a good stream of income to be able to keep developing the game. But to be certain, of course the devs themselves have to answer. :sunglasses:

3 Likes

I’ll gladly pay for any DLC content they release. Especially more weapons packs!!! I want them to be able to afford living while making cool stuff for me to destroy machines with!

3 Likes

Devs are not suddenly going to start getting no money if they do not make constant DLC packs.

They need to figure out how to increase game sales through improvement of the base game, and not rely on low quality high quantity packs. All these do is dilute and degrade the game.

3 Likes

Good thing they’re optional, then.

2 Likes

Irrelevant.

Time is spent on those packs that are often lower quality and less useful than comparable items in the base game. So instead of improvements to the base game, we get a bunch of medicore items that when added up, cost more than the base game. This is excluding both story expansions.

I gotta believe the only reason these sell well is becausse the base game lacked a lot of content. People will just pay for anything. There is just no way someone could realistically argue that the weapon and base bulding packs are worth 3 dollars more than the base game it self.

2 Likes

I’ve probably sunk 200euros into Warframe and the same into Guild wars 2 over the time I’ve played them. Both of those are Free to pay I mean play. I don’t think that is worth infinity more than I’ve payed for the base game either, but there it is.

If the DLC guns were better than the standard guns you would be whining that it’s pay to win.

“Worth” is largely an illusion anyway. Things are worth what you can persuade that idiot to pay for them, not one cent less or more.

Bottom line, if you don’t want to pay for anything or don’t feel its worth it, don’t pay for them. No-one is forcing you to pay for “mediocre” weapons or use them if you have them.

Personally I’d like a button where it does not fill my Plundra with 3c quality DLC weapons as I’d like to discover them from drops, but hey.

If you would LIKE the devs to put out a free weapon, suggest something positively. But they have no reason to do so or no obligation. You paid for the content in the base game and have received free content upgrades the FNIX base stuff and the Soviet mechs since.

2 Likes

Maybe so. here is the thing: Make them balanced compared to the base game guns. Not sure why this has to be said. I can say one thing is bad whil also saying the exact opposite thing is bad.

I do not pay for things I feel are not worth it. This sentence is irrelevant here.

Duh.

Already did, multiple times. Many people have. They have taken this feedback and used it to make multiple packs.

:exploding_head: No way.

The game was promised as live service game years ago. They released the game with the idea of updating it through the years. They had been doing great with it too. I should not have to be grateful all the time just because they start finishing the bare bones game they released 3 years ago.

But all these bare bones areas are being filled with paid DLC’s. The base building is far from fleshed out and they already have 2 paid add-ons. They could at least fill out features before slapping DLC’s on them. Or actually make all the packs as good quality as the game they are added to.

Sorry for the sarcasm buyt any time someone says something bad about the DLC’s it is always, “Do not like it? Do not buy it”, and “The devs have no obligation to add anything free”.

The first one is irrelevant and the second one is technically true. They have no obligation to finish the buggy game they released 3 years ago, or to add content. That does not actually make it a good thing to do. Maybe I should have expected this, all Avalanche games end up with tens of DLC’s anyways.

3 Likes

I disagree with you there, but each to their own. I think the optional packs add stuff that enrich the game, for people that want that sort of thing. A lot of work have gone into the weapon packs for example, they’re not something made in a hurry just to squeeze out more cash.

And please don’t shoot down others’ opinions, stating irrelevance and so forth as soon as someone doesn’t agree with your argument.

2 Likes

“A lot of” does not cover proper balance within the couple months they are released, or a 3d model that is up to par with base game items.

I obviously do not know the thoughts of the people who think another pack is a good idea. I will say they could definitely put more effort into them.

I never did that. I pointed out that a sentence of their post did not have any relevance. Also, I pointed out that the phrased they used is overused. That is why I pointed it out.

2 Likes

I agree that the US and soviet weapon packs haven’t been as good as I hoped for.

Not just because of the models but primary because of the way of implementation. Well, that is the same as with the equipment pack and the resistance pack, but the introduced stuff with them was much better than the others.

To be true, I don’t need other or more weapons, don’t matter if free or paid. But I like to try them at least. That’s why the few euros are them worth for.

And as we have seen, I never thought that it would even happen, they improved some of the older dlc stuff later. Well, that’s not high priority, so it took time, but they did it.

2 Likes

Well put. I also agree that better implementation would go a long way to introduce new small DLC, as well as make it seem a bit more worthwhile.

We have seen this with free content, such as the Soviet Machines.

I definitely think more adjustments could be made to DLC’s in the future, if people want it enough.
If I can be part of making changes for the better, I will.

1 Like

I was a little disappointed in the US and Soviet weapons overall. There’s really very little there to make these packs worthwhile.

The only 2 weapons that I found quite useful were the N9 and RLG -7. As far as I’m concerned, the N9 is the best pistol available in the game. The RLG -7 with its magnified optic and vision module capability made it a blast (pun intended) to use through the story, and I used it right up to the point I got the experimental m/49.

The ATWAD is pretty decent as well and a lot of fun. That high rate of fire and high damage makes this bullet hose a lot of fun for close range encounters. There’s nothing that makes it stand out over base edition guns, but it’s still fun to use.

Outside of that, the rest were pretty “meh” at best. And the blocky, low poly N16 model looks like it came out of a game from 1995. What is otherwise a pretty decent gun in terms of performance just ends up looking like hot garbage. While cosmetics are secondary, it’s just ugly to look at and I would rather not look at it. Games were doing great AR platform 3D models since the late 90s. Why it looks like this in GZ is beyond me.

The one bonus is that for the guns where you have specific ammo, you also start with the schematics. So it does give someone starting out a fresh game a leg up at least in the earlier parts of the game where they may not have any other schematics, but can craft ammo for their DLC weapons out of the gate.

But end of the day, you neither have to buy them nor use them. There’s more than enough gun goodness in the base edition of the game IMHO.

3 Likes

Ya I agree. The guns in the base game cover all the bases. I just bought them to support the company.

And because I thought the Pitchfork was hilarious and cool. I grew up on a farm and I’ve used a Pitchfork, so I could imagine the feel of using it :slight_smile:

1 Like