NPCs still disappering

Hello I am on xbox series x and everything is up to date well sadly our friends our confidonts…our heroes lol The NPCs are still disappearing after a bit especially at the hotel …I can restart and they reappear but like 10 15 min later they are gone . Somehow i find it comforting to be at that giant hotel with others I am not alone and safety in numbers but then sadly i am deserted and alone . I hope devs know this too eh?? Im guessing they do and this will be addressed too . We need them there always for support companship and just someone to chill with , have a coffee and Selma with at the end of along robot killing / looting day lol

The NPCs disappearing seems to be linked to several other issues, all of which seem to always happen at the same time. As for the NPCs, as I see it the issue includes ALL NPCs, EVERYWHERE on the map. Mona and co at Hagaboda, Kenneth at Averholm Orchard, the Ringfort group, the Bjorntunet group, Therese, Pontus…

• The player character’s visual model will also disappear from the different in-game menus where the character model should normally be displayed—apparel menus, team section, challenge section, etc.

• The player character’s visual model will also be absent from the sewing table’s apparel preview.

• Apparel items in loot containers may also display incorrectly, as if every item wants to look at a pair of shoes instead of whatever the item actually is. This seems to be limited to clothing items.

• Vehicle previews at the vehicle stations will also display incorrectly, as if massively zoomed in on the foot pegs or kickstand.

For me, and others I’ve been able to witness personally, these issues seem to take a while to show up. Hard to tell exactly how long, but always seems like more than 15 minutes to me. Maybe an hour, maybe less, maybe more…

I’d suggest you take a look at all these other possible problem areas and see if you experience all the same things, next time you notice any characters go missing.

PlayStation 4 Pro
I’m also having the same NPCs disappearing.

This screen shot she did not appear after closing the app a couple times had to delete the world to move forward. She disappeared in other tries had to delete till I got past the direct interaction phases

1 Like

Ouch. So this issue is even worse for newer players/characters/worlds than I had realized… I’d heard there were problems with it interfering with missions, but hadn’t been made adequately aware of just HOW bad.