Occasional clicking sound while moving

Happens all the time. The clicking and random beeps.

I’m experiencing this as well

This also happens sometimes for me.

PS4 version

Solo player

Latest version- Base assault update

I have the same problem, started a few weeks ago and I waited till after this current update in hope that it would be addressed, but is still currently there.

PC version
Solo Player
Latest version - Base Assault Update

ive been hearing this too pretty annoying

I noticed while looting the hotel that often items would render and appear in front of me with a noise, For instance a suitcase would appear with the noise of an opening suitcase.
Also noticed that these disembodied noises are more prevalent near built up areas with lots of loot boxes, backpacks, suitcases etc.
This led me to think these noises are just lots of loot boxes etc announcing their arrival after being rendered inside the buildings or cars.

I could be wrong but seems logical to me. 1+1=2 sometimes.

This is ruining the immersion. I am on PS4 solo. I started a new game since playing about 8+months ago and I really got into this game again. Then heard this infernal clicking. I can confirm it sounds similar to a weapon magazine being removed or inserted. Although it is only a snippet of that sound. I love Generation Zero. One of the purest FPS games out there. Please fix this as soon as possible!

Edit: I can confirm this sound only happens while walking. And more often while walking and turning the camera. It doesnt appear to match the sounds of steps and seems random. It also seems to increase as time goes by, reaching a creshendo of utter clicking and glitchy audio tearing sounds. Sadly I will be shelving this until fixed. It has killed the game for me.

3 Likes

Yeah, I agree. In a game with such good sound quality, where you have to rely on your senses to determine where enemies are; sound bugs like these are a killer. It’s really taken me out of the game.

I’m hoping this get fixed soon.

2 Likes

Actually you can’t even rely on that a sudden very close sound of a tank or harvester is fake.

I had some situations where I thought a fake-tank sound would be there (turned myself and took a look, but no tank was behind me), than turned again and suddenly got shot.

The tank just appeared later than its sound.

So, I agree!

That sound bug is also something that irks me greatly. It’s been around for a long time now and I am not entirely sure why it hasn’t been tracked down yet…

2 Likes

Hey Zesiir, you mentioned that the devs were aware of this? Is that true? I can find evidence of this bug driving people nuts as far back as january on multiple forums across the internet. That doesnt include all the folks who dont post online but are having the same issue. I truly hope they are working on it. I mean they must be, right? Genzero has always been a gem for me. I absolutely love this game. IMO it is highly underrated. Too many games are crammed with mindless predictable profit driven gameplay. Gen zero is well crafted. I may have been a bit harsh in my last post, but I respect the devs for making such a great game and theyre still adding content and fixes.

Yeah, I can confirm that it’s an acknowledged issue. But if it’s being actively prioritized, is another matter. I really hope so, bugs like these that need to be squished as quickly as possible IMO.

2 Likes

I did four hours today in a mixture of countryside and built up areas and the random sounds had gone.

Is it just me or has it been fixed?

1 Like

In my experience it is very inconsistent, and sometimes I would constantly have the clicking sounds for a week straight and then it would disappear for a while. I haven’t had it happen since the latest update, so it might have been partially fixed there. Either way, very very annoying bug.

1 Like

Ah OK. I’ll see what happens next time. Although it does seem odd that I’ve had it for weeks and then suddenly I play a whole session without it.

So I played GZ for a couple of hours specifically to try and reproduce this sound bug . I think I’ve discovered a few interesting points that factor into exactly when it occurs.

Somehow this audio bug is tied to movement in any direction, camera movement and location. I can confirm what many others posted about this bug seeming to appear mostly if not ONLY in areas highly populated with structures. I played in the countryside and did not hear this bug at all no matter what I did. As soon as I entered an area with lots of structures it appeared again. Oddly, at least for me, this bug only happens while in an area highly populated with structures and objects, while moving in any direction AND moving the camera at the same time. Interestingly, while standing still in the structured area and only moving the camera around (spin the camera in any direction without letting up while standing still), the bug never occured. Also while in the structured area, just moving in any direction and NOT moving the camera around at all, the bug also never occured. The moment I moved my character in any direction while ALSO moving the camera at the same time, the bug began occuring constantly. Click, clack, clunk sounds that seemingly gets worse over time. I repeated these many times over. As soon as i left the structured area and went back to the countryside, the clicking and clacking stopped. This may explain why some people play for long periods without noticing the bug. They may be in the countryside only, or only near smaller sporadically placed structures. There are areas of the game where one could play for long periods and never come near large towns or cities. Maybe there is something in large towns and cities specifically that when you are near “it” the bug happens. I recommend trying this out for yourself to see if It happens on your platform. One thing to note is I am using decent headphones so i can hear sounds well, if using your TV/monitor speaker you may not pick up the sound. Also, i turned the music off completely so I could hear sound effects better and made sure no enimies were nearby to deal with.

If i didnt mention it before, I am using a PS4 Pro and playing as the host, solo with the latest version. Also Id like to add that the sound I hear is identical to the original poster’s video clip, although much, much worse to what i have heard in my game. Adding to the theory that it gets worse over time or in certain areas. Hopefully this helps anyone, at all. Sorry for the long post but I just wanted to be thorough.

2 Likes

Good observations. I have been hanging out in the sticks a lot more recently, so that’s probably why I haven’t heard it in a while.

I wonder what it is in the dense settlements that causes it, though. It sounds like opening a toolbox but it’s always fixed on the player, so it’s not like something glitched under the map. Very strange and annoying.

1 Like

Yeah, it is extremely odd and equally annoying. I tried very hard to listen to the sound and replicate it somehow. You’re right it does sound like an opening toolbox or ammo box. I tried various gun reloads and actions like opening different doors and boxes hoping to match the sound with no luck. Although there are a ton of different guns and actions i didnt try. I think that will be the next clue. If someone could find out what sound the bug is related to it might tell us where the root of this glitch lies.

Hmm… dense settlements, started after or around landfall patch… I’m going to check the patch notes around the time this started for people and see what I can see. Play with sounds more as well. I think I’m on a mission. I love this game but I just can’t with the clicky clacky. Drives me nuts! I will post anything significant I find.

Personally I’ve been hearing the clicking since way before Landfall. I think it was around mid to late January when it started appearing. Though it might’ve become more common after Landfall.

Oh okay. For some reason I imagined landfall patch as farther back. I’ve been away fromGZ for some time. Thanks