Occasional clicking sound while moving

Platform: PC

Description: From time to time I can hear a clicking sound while moving. Sometimes it’s just “once in a while” and sometimes it’s persistent like in the video below.

Steps To Reproduce: Walk around and listen.

Host or Client: Host

Players in your game: 1

Specifications: i7 10700K, 32G RAM, RTX 3080

8 Likes

My friend has the same, so you’re not alone.

I also experienced that.

The same thing occasionally happens to me as well. Usually it’s only when I’m near a bunch of structures, like towns and stuff. It’s been happening since before Landfall.

1 Like

Hi I think its related to how much noise your generating I noticed it gets more frequent the more weight your carrying.I say this because of if i stealth or walk with the same weight the clicking reduces alot. Think its away of telling you stop being a human suitcase. Try half your carry weight.

Hey, the devs are aware of this issue but there wasn’t time to fix it before release of the Landfall update. It’s not intended, and is a sound bug.

I reckon will most likely get fixed in an upcoming update :+1:

6 Likes

Thanks Zesir!
I have experience this, but failed to be able to reproduce it, just comes and goes…

1 Like

It may be related to some new sounds that were added to using loot containers. No idea why they stick to the character though. It does tend to go away after a while, thankfully…

2 Likes

Yeah, it is quite audible in this short clip. You can hear the sounds for closing loot containers several times:

Just like those short beep and white noise bursts occasionally ? :roll_eyes:

To me these sounds seem to be related to the reload procedure, it sounds a bit like a short version of when one puts in a magazine into a AG4 e.g.

I have the same issue. I could make it worse by continuously trying to reload without needing to.

Hello there,

Recently, whenever I play Generation Zero I keep hearing this loud and annoying ticking/clicking noise whenever my character walks forward or I move the camera. It almost sounds like reloading one of my guns but it’s the same no matter which gun I’m holding. I also found that I could force the sound to occur if I pressed the reload button when my gun didn’t need to be reloaded. However the more I experimented with this the noise became more frequent and carried on constantly.

The platform I play on is steam on pc.

It’s really affecting my enjoyment of the game.

Thank you for your time.

AstraRune

1 Like

Thanks for reporting, I’ve moved this to the relevant thread covering the issue.

//Mod

Over time this bug has become way less common for me. It used to happen very often but now it is super rare. I’m not sure why though.

1 Like

Happens all the time. The clicking and random beeps.

I’m experiencing this as well

This also happens sometimes for me.

PS4 version

Solo player

Latest version- Base assault update

I have the same problem, started a few weeks ago and I waited till after this current update in hope that it would be addressed, but is still currently there.

PC version
Solo Player
Latest version - Base Assault Update

ive been hearing this too pretty annoying

I noticed while looting the hotel that often items would render and appear in front of me with a noise, For instance a suitcase would appear with the noise of an opening suitcase.
Also noticed that these disembodied noises are more prevalent near built up areas with lots of loot boxes, backpacks, suitcases etc.
This led me to think these noises are just lots of loot boxes etc announcing their arrival after being rendered inside the buildings or cars.

I could be wrong but seems logical to me. 1+1=2 sometimes.