Only 200 PC Players?

It’s looking a lot better in the past 30 days. I hope this trend continues.

2 Likes

Yeah man, that free weekend was a fresh burst of life in the pc playerbase, it got so close to topping its all time record :smiley: And now the average player base is sitting around 600ish people, and after this update will likely see that average get even higher!

1 Like

The game is really unique, engines beautiful even on console. The shell of the game is there but it lacks the cream filling but gives you this feeling that it is there hiding or could be implemented later. I believe the devs are aware of the gameS status, it is a 40 dollar us game so I know it’s not a AAA. I took a break, I don’t want to play it atm because it’ll be a 4th delete return for me and I’m exhausted. I have no mission activity in game but my lists reward menu says I haven’t done less than half. I would love the content I deserve or it was glitched and I didn’t get the opportunity to play missions to get it. But I finished the game and I got the plat. I would like like others stated game +. Or reset. I’m tired of re lvlin up to 30. That could help this issue with us some people’s.

The other will take some time and that’s creating more unique additions in the game. Which we see have been in the works. This will take some time. Once the game gets another layer of frosting in the middle of the cake I think the devs should make a cheap simple advertised trailer on YouTube to grab the fans that died out from all the early bugs, lack luster of mechanics and assets.

It’s the 80s near 90s in the game. Bring in some crazy stuff from movies that you think the machines may create or adapted since the majority here know who’s in control…

I believe the devs will come to it. I watched first hands with the hunter cotw. But there isn’t that many hunting games on console now days that are good like avalanche did. So GZ May be in more trouble and may need a few more members outside of the projects crew to kick it up a notch faster. I wish the best to the project cause I love the 80s sci-fi, game engine and the honest caring devs that they are.

P.s. I can’t wait to visit the new additional area

1 Like

hi.

well…

Even tho I love GZ and I convinced 2 people to buy it, they loved it for like 20 hours, I still love it, now clocked around 120 hours, but gonna be putting it to rest for now. We now went for Division and Destiny 2 hard to compete with those lol

Now sure the problem is mostly lack of content, GZ is a shell now… a platform lets say… but does anyone know what is it, and what is going to be? I dont know after 120 hours in it… Does devs know?

I thought its going to be a looter shooter, devs said its not a looter shooter…
Is it RPG? probably not…

We want features? Sure!
What features?

Crafting? - no, are you joking? its not Rust
Survival? - no, really getting tired of it…
PVP? - no, it ain’t COD mate
Building? - no, go play minecraft kid
NPC? - no this would break the immersion
Vehicles? - no, the map is too beautiful
Battle royale? - no, are you freakin kidding me?

none of those above! its a niche game, it’s so niche it’s only for 200 (plus me) people :smiley:

Guys now seriously :smiley: if they wont make money they will abandon it lol

i choose to believe reality before some teenager on youtube :smiley:

1 Like

I must hit some people to have them use instances of what I say. To put the frank in the beans.

But I don’t and the few others can’t speak for the masses of what they want the game to become since the game appears to be stuck in 1st gear to become a major genre of what today’s folks are mostly playing.

GZ To me is a general concept to a “Terminator” game.

People are drawn to this cause we’re looking for that excitement of frantic experience that we got growing up watching from the Terminator franchise. That is why some ask for crafting, building and other implemented concepts. They want to feel and be engage of it. The game doesn’t have it yet, that is why it is a shell. Not because there was missing content; which there wasn’t any, they made it clear day 1 what the game was.

The interests of us and others are their concern. They’re tackling a project most don’t do or have not done in a long time. That is why they ask us for ideas.

Personally the game could use soft touches of crafting, building, vehicles. Its already a soft version of survival game, and a battleroyal in essence. Your pitted against a mass production of bots with only You and 3 friends.

For example Homefront 2 and dying light are to me good examples of what this game glimmers to me as a related feeling of that intense run and gun while watching my butt and hoping my tactics work out. Pulling some concepts from these games I can see work. Soft crafting meds and throwables, attachments on weapons. Building I can see some kind of added system like rivals. Where you defeat enough rivals you are than tagged and timed before your raided by a large goup of normal bots. So you than can take refuge to a camp and put up make shift walls that can only be done during this mode for extra cover.

I also think the map could get roughed up after you beat the game for the next installed story. Advanced the bots. Advanced the players guns. Make it feel like this is the future wars of this games terminator feel. Bring in a resistance concept into the game as the second chapter to the game. I want to see or feel what the world is up to and doing to survive. Let’s see what the master of the machines have created for us.

Oddly enough there’s a company going to release a terminator game and they’ve released a trailer… so there is completion coming. Honestly I won’t be getting it until I see actual game play. I don’t like linear games even though I massively enjoyed that franchise up to the last 2 films.

Since full version I’ve spent over 300 hours in this game. Restarted 3 times due to bugs. I enjoy the game. Imo a couple tweaks are still needed in game. Besides avalanche my other favorite game engine devs are Techland. That’s all I play so my thoughts may be the byproduct to what I only play

2 Likes

The reality is in the link i provided. Choose to believe whatever reality you want to live in.

1 Like

Opinions are like buttholes… everybody’s got one.

I personally love the game for what it is and that allows me to deal with a few bugs rationally. New content coming is just a bonus for me. I actually don’t even care if it’s a free update or paid dlc; I will certainly buy it if it’s paid dlc. I bought the game last Sunday the 10th and have plowed 96 hours into it already. So the game is still a really good value for the price. I remember when AAA games were still $50 and the rule was if you didn’t spend at least 50 hours in the game then it was a bad buy.

Just food for thought.

1 Like

@Deli so do you think opinions should be wiped? Lol. Sorry mods, just had to say it. :rofl:

I do hope more people come back seeing the new modified weapons are a blast and new peeps keep pouring on the game.

You are correct, the whole reality is not in that steam chart. It doesn’t count unique players. Player base is much larger than just 200 players.

And game only having 200 players would be total catastrophe in business.

Even with simple execrated assumption. Peaked last 48 hour players for Generation Zero 549 in 2 days. Roughly multiply with 15 to get 30 days period is 8 235‬ PC players, if all where unique.

@Ishootfriendlies either miss worded or got confused. And the young adult - @tene isn’t saying players base. He’s saying players occurrence. Hourly, daily, monthly instances of player activity. Which on steam looks pretty low.

On PS4 in general month this last month was 11,000 MAU: monthly active users

I haven’t an idea how many non steam players are active or have looked into Xbox as well.

They’re just worried their beloved titled needs help. Nothing wrong with that. I don’t condemn them for being worried. I am worried too. I’d like to see this iP make its way on a ps5 port to enjoy high end pc graphics. Or even a 2nd title.

Let’s try to keep the code of conduct and let’s play nice!

2 Likes

Honestly that’s all i was saying back when it was an issue, now the player base is much more stable and in a better standing. But what can you do, i simply inform that’s all.

On a bright side, for ps5, its built off the same architecture as the ps4 so essentially you will be able to load your profile onto it and boot up any ps4 games you already own in your psn account. I can’t wait to see how smoothly genzero runs on it, it will run like butter :smiley: There will be new games on ps5 that use it’s new and improved features like the 8x core and the new GPU for ray tracing. But pre existing games from ps4 will load almost instantaneously, and run better than they ever have!

1 Like