Only 200 PC Players?

I was listening to the latest Tenebris Infinite video. He said there are less than 200 PC players. Can that possibly be true? I have 3 licenses, one for me and two for my kids. Are there really that few?

Also, I agree with Tenebris. I bought (3) copies of this game because of his reviews and enthusiasm. He is saying the devs ought to focus on making things right before they roll out and spend time on new content. I agree with that fully.

The rivals and special weapons concept is interesting, but fix the game breaking errors now, and add those things later.

4 Likes

It sounds like a really bad business case if there are less than 200 PC players - I find it hard to believe. :thinking:

2 Likes

I feel like the majority of people who play the game are on console, but still, 200 active PC players a month is pretty low, lower than No Man’s Sky during the game’s dark times.

1 Like

Don’t forget most of the devs are hopefully making the next chapter and I guess it will be a full expansion as well what ever we get now is just extra content they kinda make for free to keep the players busy before the expansion. Bug fixes would be nice to be prioritized though.

2 Likes

Just to show my source for how i know the pc playerbase’s standing -
https://steamcharts.com/app/704270

of course this only accounts for people that play on steam, and there is no metric data for players on console. I do believe the console community has stuck by better than the pc one, due to a majority of pc players leaving in April. But i’m not putting this up here to say the game is dead, or to belittle the hard work the dev team has put in. My video is more of a S.O.S to the devs than anything else.

5 Likes

That explains pretty well why match making keeps connecting me to the same dude over and over again. He kicks me out before I ask him to switch to invite only if he wants to play alone… there is no multiplayer for me recently…

5 Likes

That chart makes my heart sad. Is there any other cooperative open world multiplayer rpgs? This is a unique creature. I hope they can breathe new life into it.

3 Likes

I try to not look at it too often for that very reason… Generation Zero is still the best game to release this year. The fact that so many people have written it off is such a damn shame. I’m holding my fingers crossed for the day i can tell everyone they were wrong, and the games getting very close to that point.

3 Likes

I had this exact same experience with No Man’s Sky. I stuck with it, I was one of the few active players, but look at it now, it has more monthly active players than a lot of AAA games. This game has so much potential, and I really hope they make the most out of the 80’s setting. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I said back in may that GZ was the next NMS style success story. a year from now these issues won’t exist and we’ll be living in the golden days of generation zero just like how people are in NMS right now due to the developers not giving up :smiley:

3 Likes

Exactly! Now, I need to get back to finding the perfect ingredients for my delicious chocolate cake in No Man’s Sky. Cheers!

4 Likes

Good luck! Remember to look for them lush planets man :smiley:

1 Like

Well I live on one so it shouldn’t be a problem. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think that’s at any one time, and considering that I can get to play about twice a week, it’s probably five times that…

1 Like

I hope you are right. I think it is a great game with a lot of potential.

2 Likes

Steam charts are good place to look if game has players. But they miss one statistic. Steam doesn’t tell how many unique players there are. So that 200 playing daily really dont tell whole story here. And console statistics are completely missing.

2 Likes

The 200 PC player statistic also struck me as odd. I just picked this game up on steam last week. Definitely enjoying it but I’m also wondering if I picked it up on the wrong platform. I like going through the game and figuring everything out solo but when I get to some level of competence I would like to engage in some co-op. Maybe I’ll have to think about purchasing on console at some point.

2 Likes

You wont have problem finding people in co-op. I have been playing on PC on the most odd times (like 2am on a Wednesday morning) and always find people in my timezone no matter what. Just try it out and hopefully you wont be disappointed. Remember that its a 4 person max group, so you need to find max 3 other players. I usually enjoy playing in 2 or 3 man groups though, upping my chances even more!

Don’t wait. If you do coop with higher level players they can show you the ropes and also will probably drop you some better weapons.

I think there are a lot more but like me they were using windows 7 and it crashed every 10 minutes and they got frustrated and are waiting for the monthly update to try again. I moved to windows 10 about 2 weeks ago and I play it a lot now :slight_smile: and haven’t had any crash. I like this game a lot!

1 Like