Ostra Mark Contol Point crashed game on base abandon

Platform: Steam

Description: Ostra Mark Contol Point crashed the game when the base was abandoned to relocate. Once the button was pressed to ‘Abandon’, game crashed to desktop. Generated the usual error report. Logged back in to game, Control Point is Neutral, and all the resources vanished. Nearest entities were a Harvester Rival, and a Firebird. Combat wasn’t in progress, either.

Steps To Reproduce: See above. I’d rather not try to reproduce this.

Host or Client: Host

Players in your game: Solo (myself)

Specifications: Win10, i913900k, Nvidia 4090 FE w/latest drivers, 64g Corsair DDR5, 4TB NVME. No overclocks, no mods.

While I’m not going to sweat the supply loss, just reporting this in case someone else sees this behavior. Also note that this base was one of my oldest since control points had been added to the Forest Region (aside from Tyloveden). So it survived through several updates until today.

Same here. I’ve abandoned three bases in the last couple days and it always crashed to desktop. Today, at least, I transferred med kits from the van to my Plundra.

What system are you playing on?
What is the reason to abandon a base?
It may be a general issue, idk, never did this yet, but if you don’t abandon a base, you don’t crash to desktop…

Madchaser, with that last line you are basicly saying - don’t play the game and it wont crash.

1 Like

No, I give you a workaround for preventing crashes.

Abandoning bases is in my eyes such a minor feature (never used it) of the game that it should be possible for anyone to not do it, until it’s fixed. Or do it, crash to desktop and still have the wished effect.

And I was asking for more information like the used system, that the devs are able to examine the reasons easier. As I said, idk if it’s a general issue or just in your cases.