[PC] A lot of progress wiped

So, all the progress I made the last time I played is just gone. Poof!

After a whole weekend of playing through all the stuff I had missed, all I had left was the three end-game missions that weren’t starting. That was a month ago. See my post here: Endgame missions not starting

Now all that progress is lost. The whole North Coast Region is unexplored, except for the safe house inside Hermelinen Bunker. I can fast travel to it but is shut in by two locked doors (the bunker has no power). The following missions aren’t in my log at all anymore:

• Unbearable Lightness
  • The Path of the Gods
  • To The Light House
  • Total Defense
  • The Spotter
  • Law of the Land
  • Empty Spaces
  • Hazardous Contents
  • Woodcutter
  • Exchange Student
  • Contraband
  • Back on Track
  • Science of Deduction
  • Loud and Clear
  • Behind the Curtain
  • History Repeats Itself
  • Heavy Loadout
  • Tilting at Windmills
  • The Ruin of Many a Poor Man
  • Left Behind
  • Troll Toll

I’m really not in the mood to replay all those missions. I was hoping for a simple fix this update so that I could finish the game. I don’t care about rivals. I don’t care about experimental weapons. I’ve waited a month to finish the game, please let me do it. I’m THIS close to demand a refund like that other guy.

1 Like

Hey, is it at all possible to reaquire any of these missions at their respective Warboards? Or pick them up again in the game world?

Yes, I can get them again. It’s as if my whole weekend just never happened.

I did run the game in GeForce NOW between then and now, at work. Steam asked me if I wanted to download the cloud save or upload the local save. (A weird question since that was the first time I ran the game on that (virtual) computer). I downloaded the cloud save. Everything seemed normal. My character looked right and my inventory was full of my stuff. Since I was just testing if it ran well, I didn’t look any closer at the mission log or map. I kinda recall noticing that “The Bridge” was listed as an active mission again but didn’t think much of it.

Either the game has overwritten my save with an old (local) backup at home which has then propagated through the cloud to GFN
OR
my weekend play was just never uploaded to the cloud, and when I started the game at home the local save was reset by the cloud.

I’d be happy with just a cheat to let me force completion of the missions, even though I’ve probably lost some good loot too.