PC display settings auto reset

Platform: PC
Description: here and there it resets to fullscreen instead of the borderless window i keep setting it on
Steps To Reproduce: happenes randomly, not everytime the game reboots
Host or Client: both
Players in your game: one when i was playing multiplayer
Specifications:
Ryzen 5 2600
gtx 1660
32g ram
game installed on m.2 nvme

2 Likes

I can somewhat confirm this, and to me it seems random as well.

If my game crashes, it will definitely reset back to fullscreen mode, but it also happens on random on other occassions. Will drop my system specs if needed.

1 Like

Checked nvidia geforce experience that there is no auto optimize settings?

In my case, I’m running an AMD gpu.

1 Like

my geforce experiance doent even reconize/list Gen zero
so its hte game doing this

1 Like

This is still happening as of March 21st, 2021. The issue occurs when I restart/open the game. I always set it to Borderless Window, but it always changes back to Fullscreen under the aforementioned conditions.

Bug report

Platform: Steam

Description: Display mode defaults to Fullscreen upon starting/restarting game client

Steps To Reproduce:

1. Set display mode to anything other than Fullscreen in the Display settings menu
  2. Click Apply
  3. Close game and start game again
  4. Go to Display settings
    The display mode is now set to Fullscreen

Images / Videos: N/A

Host or Client: Host

Players in your game: 1 (self)

Specifications:
Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 19042) (19041.vb_release.191206-1406)
Motherboard: ASUS Prime X570-P
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600
GPU: MSI Ventus XS OC RTX 2060 6GB
Memory: Team T-FORCE VULCAN Z 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4 3200 - Model TLZGD416G3200HC16CDC01
Storage: Crucial P1 NVMe SSD
Power Supply: GIGABYTE GP-B700H 700W

Still happening, I’ve noticed it periodically happening.

I am still having / having this error as well. Likelihood of display mode reverting to full screen from borderless window is significantly increased upon restart/shutdown of computer. 90% of the time when the computer is restarted the settings are lost.

Is there not a notepad editable .txt file that we can change to override whatever the default settings are?