[PC] Game crashes after a couple of minutes of gameplay (update 2019-05-06)

Don’t know if it’s necessary to post this as I’ve submitted crash reports, but anyway…

Platform:
Microsoft Windows 7 Professional Service Pack 1 (64-bit)

Description:
After approximately 5 minutes of gameplay the game crashes and opens up the crash report window, no matter where I am or what I do.

After examining the request that the crash reporter sent I could see that the problem appears to have occurred in (or via) atidxx64.dll, which is related to the AMD graphics drivers. So it likely occurs in some part of the game’s rendering code.

Steps To Reproduce:
(unknown)

Images / Videos:
(nothing to show, the game just freezes and then crashes)

Host or Client:
Singleplayer

Players in your game:
Singleplayer

Specifications:
RAM: 16 GB, 2133 MHz
CPU: Intel Core i5-6500 Skylake (Quad Core, 3.2 GHz)
GPU: ASUS Radeon RX 580 Dual OC (8 GB)
Graphics Driver: Radeon Adrenalin 19.3.3 and 19.4.1.
Monitors: 1
HDD: Western Digital Blue WD10EZEX-60M2NA0 (1 TB, 7200 RPM)

UPDATE 2019-05-06:

UPDATE 2019-03-30:

The game can now run for about 10-12 minutes before it crashes. If I could I would try this with an NVIDIA card just to see if it makes any differences for the crashes.

Same thing happens with 1070ti. I get about an hour of gameplay in and the game crashes. I lose entire play sessions of progress and get dumped back in the first bunker.

I have completely lost interest in playing the game because of this issue. Have attempted to refund as there is no point in trying to progress if you just lose all your progression on a memory leak crash. Unfortunately I am probably screwed and have to keep a lemon title that is not fun at all to play since I can’t manually save my progress.

Sorry to hear that…
Just for reference, what is the rest of your specs? (OS, CPU, etc.)

i7-4770K @ 3.5GHz
GTX 1070ti - March 25 drivers.
Windows 7 Pro 64 bit.
16 GB Ram

1 Like

UPDATE 2019-05-06:

After the April update the crashes now usually happen with longer intervals between them (everything from 5-30 minutes), but they still occur 100% of the time.

After inspecting the data sent via the reports (when possible, as “Not responding” occurs more often now than before) it appears to be caused by the same problem or a similar one. It’s still reported as related to atidxx64.dll.

Windows’ Event Viewer reports the error as 0xC0000005 (Access Violation).

I recently also updated my graphics drivers to Adrenalin 19.4.1.

Got the same problem with my game.
I made a post in facebook and the generation zero team answered me. They said that i should make a report here at the support, so here i am :slight_smile:

It dosnt matter if i play single- oder multiplayer.
The crashes are random. Sometimes after 5 minutes, sometimes after 30 minutes.
Strangely enough, I only have these problems with Generation Zero. All other games (for example GTA5, SCUM, Assetto Corsa Competizione) run without problems. I’ve already checked several settings on the graphics settings, but that didn’t work either.
All drivers of my system are up to datea and he whole system itself is only 4 months old.

Platform:
PC

Steps To Reproduce:
Game crashes randomly. Sometimes after 5 and sometimes after 30 Minutes. And sometimes withput gamecrash. I like to say, for 10 gameplays it will crash for 6 or 7 times. The crashes are while i am walking, shooting, look in the map or what else. It happens randomly.

Images / Videos:
Got no Picture of the crashes, but after the crashes i had a lot of support windows with the error code, i send to the developer.

Host or Client:
Both, it happens on single- and multiplayer

Players in your game:
1 till 4

Specifications:
Win 10 Home 64 Bit
32 GB DDR4 RAM (Dualchannel)
i5 9600K (not overclocked)*
ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E Gaming Motherboard
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 Ti
Playing on 2560x1080px via Nvidia G-Sync

1 Like

UPDATE 2019-12-15:

Yesterday I picked up on Generation Zero again after not playing it for approximately 7 months, and sadly I still experience crashes. I managed to play for 2-2.5 hours at one point, but then it crashed when I was nearly done with Vesslan Command Bunker.

Crossposted: Endless crashing, please help!

Updated specs:
CPU: Intel Core i5-6500 Skylake (Quad Core, 3.2 GHz)
GPU: ASUS Radeon RX 580 Dual OC (8 GB)
RAM: Kingston ValueRAM 16 GB, 2133 MHz (single channel)
Graphics Driver: Radeon Adrenalin 2020 Edition 19.12.2
Monitors: 1 (1680 x 1050 @ 60 Hz)
HDD: Western Digital Blue WD10EZEX-60M2NA0 (1 TB, 7200 RPM)