[PC] Lost Inventory, Skill Progression, and Level Upon Restart

I restarted my game in order to possibly fix the bug where the Hunter Quest wasn’t showing up completed despite the fact that I have, in fact, completed the mission and upon reentering my game I opened my inventory and noticed that it was completely cleared out.

My story/quest progression is still there, and yes the Hunter Quest is showing up as complete but all my items were gone including the shotgun, rifle (with scope++), and my pistol (with suppressor). Upon further inspection I clicked my skills and noticed my skill progression was wiped out as well as my character level. (I was a 3 and now I’m a 0).

Platform: PC

Steps To Reproduce: I tried to reproduce this with mixed results.

1. I fast traveled to a safe house to ensure that the game saved then quit to desktop then relaunched the game. No items lost.

2. I moved around, picked up some items and then quit to desktop and logged back in. Some items lost.

3. I moved around some more and collected some items, fought some enemies, then walked/ran to a safehouse and then quit to desktop and relaunched. Some items lost. All progress lost (XP, Skills).

Images / Videos:
Image: Story/Quests Completed
Image: Stats Page
Image: Skills

Host or Client: Host

Players in your game: Just me at the time

Specifications: Irrelevant to the issue at hand.

1 Like

Hi Church!
Thank you for reporting. We are looking into this. If it happens to you again, can you please update this thread so we can nail down what exactly would be the cause.

• Did you exit to desk top (quit in main menu) or did you hard close the game?
  • The time only some of your items where lost, do you remember what those items where?
2 Likes

Thank you for being so quick to address this issue I’m having, it’s much appreciated.

1. I chose the option to “Close to Desktop” from the ESC Menu within the game. Though please note that I had traveled to a safehouse before I had quit.

2. Yes! (not exact numbers for some items though, sorry)

• Simple First Aid Kits (approx. 4)
  • Bobby Pin ( approx. 2)
  • Boombox ( 1 )
  • Emergency Flare ( 4 )
  • Adrenaline Shot ( 3 )

Various Ammo Types

• 9mm FMJ Handgun and SMG
  • 7.62 FMJ
  • .32 Hollow Point
    .243 Soft-Point
    Shotgun Ammo (buckshot, I believe)