PC Steam - Reaper Not Spawning

I have both my farmlands and forest regions at level 25 with no rivals, but no matter what I do the reaper will not spawn. The only thing I can think of that could be related to this is that the last reaper I killed on my world was very old and had been left alone for several updates due to me not playing the game very much for a while. It has been like this since January, and no amount of region leveling or machine killing is fixing it. Could my save file be bugged somehow? My guess is that somehow the last reaper I killed didn’t update the save file to say there’s no reaper on my world, so the game is choosing to spawn other rivals instead. Is there any way I could fix it?

1 Like

Are you getting any rivals spawning? And what about bases? Are you staying in just those two regions and nowhere else? If hunt somewhere else, for how long? And if you come back to the forest or Farmland regions are the loot boxes reset? Notice anything else that seems off?

Did you do a steam file integrity check?

I have noticed on my map that if the farmland stays at level 25 it’s harder to spawn a reaper, but hard to keep the levels down because of all the machines spawning all the time. Forest region I have a tough time keeping it in the 21+ range and that with 3 level 4 rivals. I just cleared the region of rivals and started over for zero rivals and high levels.

I do not have any issues with the Reaper spawning in (PC Steam). Always keep 7 rivals active. That might be the key perhaps?

If I decide the current Reaper’s boss stomping and trumpeting is getting old and end it, another spawns in almost immediately.

Nothing else seems off. Other rivals and bases spawn fine. The region level is 25 with no rivals so all the preconditions should be met. I used to have reapers on this world all the time. Steam validation found nothing wrong.

It’s still just a chance that a reaper will spawn as the next rival.

Try to not kill all the rivals immediatly if they spawn.
That reduces your region score and therefore the region level.

I even wonder how you can have the farmlands at level 25 with no rivals.
If I’d kill all my rivals, I’d drop deep below lvl 25. And on the other hand while killing normal machines to increase the region score again, every few minutes a rival or base would spawn or increase its level.

1 Like

Try leaving the region after destroying a rival and then the base in the farmlands, do not hunt machines anymore in the region, go someplace else. Then after little more than an hour of playing elsewhere, return to spawn a rival again and reduce your region from level 25. Try 23-24 level.

Doesn’t sound like a bug, but bad luck at the moment.

2 Likes

I don’t know, it’s been like this for literal months and I’ve done things like that before.

I got it to that very slowly. If you just keep killing machines and murder every rival as soon as they reach level 4, you can eventually reach 25 with no rivals.