Pillboxes in FOA2 Arena do not open, but have an interact icon

The new pillboxes in the Arena have an icon to open and do make the sound of opening, but the doors aren’t opening. This a minor issue, but I thought I mention it. :coffee:

Addition: The right side of the big FOA2 doors inside in Arena can be opened, but have no opening sound nor real purpose. It does seem that this opening of those doors is not intended. But instead of removing the mistake, make it work with sound, and if we could find some loot or something else there, that would be perfect.

Steam /PC

1 Like

Weird, I could’ve sworn those pillboxes weren’t there before.

1 Like

Me too, but before posting I wanted to get sure and visit FOA2 tonight. :sweat_smile:

They weren’t there before. They are new.

They also will not stop a blast from a reaper. The recon update or the one before is where they were added. They barely protect you from machine gun fire from a reaper. But they are a stop gap cover for running from other cover like the cars, trucks and jet in the arena. FYI, fun place to take on reapers. I think I have had the pleasure of about 8 of them here.

But they have never had an yellow outline or the “E” to open them that I have seen. They are just objects on PC.

I can get in all other pillboxes in the GZ world, except the ones in the Arena.

Checked it now.
It’s the same on ps5.
Btw, was is always possible to open the great doors inside the arena? I can’t remember, but they have no opening sound.

Maybe the pillboxes are part of something that isn’t finished yet.

1 Like

You mean the big doors with FOA 2 on them inside the arena. I can’t open them. I also can’t close the main entrance door, which once was possible. Can you show a pic of on the big doors other than the entrance opened, for documenting purposes?

The Arena has gone through a strange evolution, that always sparked a lot of speculation. Maybe this is Dark Skies related?

I just opened every right one of the doors.

1 Like

Cool. And do you get a prompt to open it? Because I don’t.

Yes I do. But not at every place of the doors. Just at the center of each. Try searching a bit.

Ah, then maybe it’s not new because the entrance door could also be opened by searching for the prompt. I remember, that initially gamers thought the door could not be opened. I will give it a try.

Edit: I can’t open the left, but the right I can.

Oh, to be true I didn’t check the left doors.
I just meant the ones on the right sides .

Edit: checked the left ones. There is a circle but no prompt.

At least you have Pillboxes. All I have are floating doors that do nothing. They indicate you can open them, and the sound of the door opening works, but nothing happens. Didn’t even know they were supposed to be pillboxes till I saw your pictures.

1 Like

Before the pillboxes were at least there, indeed. I now have the same glitch as you, with just the floating doors. If you open the doors they will disappear, making the view at least a bit less messy. :coffee:

1 Like