Placement of wall at the western border in Storskogen causes permanent savegame corruption

I also run the game from an external device, but if your save is corrupted, and unless you manually took a copy of the games save file on a separate USB drive and kept it separate so you could restore from a later date, then the chances are it’s gone.

Do you have PS Plus and use cloud saves on the PS4? You may have a backup there?

Unfortunately, while I do have GZ on PS4/PS5 the Xbox is my preferred platform, so other users might be able to offer more advice re GZ on PlayStation. But here’s some additional info on managing PS4 saves. Hopefully you have a backup somewhere.

Just if you did a backup on an external memory, that you are able to restore from. If you just used an external storage for game installation, then it’s the working directory, not a backup.

Do you use autobackup there or did you manually backup your savegame there in the cloud?

1. That doesn’t help you with your issue.
  2. From my experience running the game from an external drive (even if usb3.0) causes more crashes, because of the lower data transfer rate.

They fixed!!! Finally! On PS5 works

Last thing I did was build in a base and the game crashed while doing it, I have tried unintalling and reinstalling and nothing works.

I can get to the log in screen and it will crash there.

Let me guess, it was at Storkogen or whatever it was called? If so, reported issue already and its known. Oh and youll lose the save as its a perma crash state unless you have a backup before you did the base

How do I fix, I know I am going to need to reset but don’t know how. on Xbox app.

On Xbox unfortunately we don’t have any backup saves due to lack of no manual save feature. So once this bug happens to anyone on Xbox they have to wipe their entire save data file and start off completely fresh.

had to do that, I should mention Xbox app as in Microsoft store on PC. was able to fix the bug by wiping my save.

good news is I know what I am doing this time, bad news starting from scratch sucks.

And yet some how, My stash didn’t wipe so I have a t4 SMG to start with at the least.

So surprisingly I waited for mine and after the update I was able to play and I didn’t have to wipe anything but all of my dlc weapons are gone and I haven’t been able to loot or find any off of enemies so I’m not sure if that’s not another big but we’ll see.

Update: I looked at the Microsoft store and for some odd reason all the dlc’s we’re uninstalled for some reason but all my stuff is back now

1 Like

Had the same problem you have to reinstall the DLC.

EDIT: should have read the edit before I posted.

Merged reports about the issue. Let’s hope this gets fixed soon.

//Mod