Placement of wall at the western border in Storskogen causes permanent savegame corruption

Platform:
PC

Description:
If you place any wall at the very edge of the western base zone in Storskogen, the game crashes and causes the savegame to be permanently corrupted (game crashes immediately upon start afterwards). Only solution is to restore a savegame from manual backup.

Steps To Reproduce:
Place any wall at the very edge of the western base zone in Storskogen. Now the crash can be triggered in 2 ways: Either by deconstructing the wall, or by exiting to main menu. Both actions result in the game crashing, and savegame corruption, and the game is unable to start again unless savegame is restored manually.

Host or Client:
Host - single player.

WARNING: DO not try to reproduce, unless you have manually backed up your savegame first. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Can we please get an acknowledgement of this serious bug, that is apparently permanently corrupting the savegame for a number of people (see link list in metadata above)? Thanks :sunglasses:

4 Likes

This seem like a major issue, anything that directly corrupts save data like this should be made priority and fixed in a quick patch, not a content update several months after its found out.

2 Likes

I’ve tried reporting this on Discord as well… I really feel the team has been lacking in the acknowledgement and communication about this particular issue. :disappointed_relieved:

3 Likes

Unfortunately the most you’ll probably get is a single sentence from a mod or admin like: “We are looking into it.” And receive no further info as to when it or if it is actually being fixed.

1 Like

This happened to me I had to delete all my data and start again I did report it but no response

Sorry to hear that dude - I learned the hard way to always have a backup of a good savegame. :grimacing::sunglasses:

1 Like

Has anyone had a dev or admin acknowledge this issue?

1 Like

I’ve tried everything I could, but to no avail. :grimacing::grimacing:

2 Likes

I don’t think they’ve had the time. From what I’ve been told they’re very busy. Hopefully nobody’s crunching… I can try to poke someone about this issue, see if it’s been noticed internally.

2 Likes

Thanks Zesiir - that would be much appreciated. I feel the players have been a bit abandoned here, since it’s been over a month since I reported the issue.

I also reckon it’s probably also limited what you can do, but apparently this is quite serious and affecting a lot of people - so any effort to bring it to attention will help.

Cheers! :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Thanks for sharing! The team is currently looking into this issue and hope to have a fix soon!

4 Likes

Looks like I summoned an @Avalanche_Pontus!

That’s great to hear, I’ll tag this thread accordingly :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Thank you very much for finally getting back on this… :+1::sunglasses:

1 Like

Unfortunately I don’t think it will be fixed with this week’s update considering they only just now found this thread.

1 Like

No, I don’t think so either. So much more reason to be aware of this issue until a fix is found.

1 Like

Thanks, @Avalanche_Pontus ! You are awesome!

1 Like

Looks like “soon” didn’t include this update. I hope this gets addressed soon. It’s crazy that this hasn’t been addressed with some urgency having been known about for months.

1 Like

I think that’s a separate issue related to just the PS4. This issue building a wall at the Western border affects all formats.

…and you lose everything.

As far as I know, if your save game is corrupted and you don’t have a manual backup (i.e. where you’ve copied it to an external device) then yes. You’d need to delete and start again.

Unless someone else knows different, there’s no way to “fix” a corrupted save without you restoring it from a backup unfortunately.