"Corrupt save game"

Ok, we may agree that there should be a seperated autosave-file in order to prevent losing all your work.
Which rules should there be for it? Just when reaching a plundra and mission objectives or for example every 15 minutes?

I once made a feature request regarding the savegames. Maybe we could talk about further suggestions there?

Is there no way you can assign your machine to save game-saves onto an External-disk or Usb-stick?

No. There’s a copy on the console and a copy in the cloud. In the past you could move save games to external devices and back but this led some people to cheat and used hacked saves.

Now there’s no legitimate way to do this on Xbox. The saved data is stored in a position inaccessible to filemanagers and the like.

If there is an illegitimate way, wouldn’t those people who cheat and use hacked saves still do it?
I don’t understand why Microsoft would try to control people’s actions. That never works. That would be the same as locking PC’s up.

But anyway, it’s up to the devs then, to make a save system that is more robust, and allows players to make more saves then just one, in the game options.

1 Like

Agreed.
As described in my above mentioned topic there should be different savegame files for each character, the game settings, the overall progress (story, challenges) and (now added) the autosave.

Well, it’s been fun, guys, but I guess this is where I leave. I hope this helps someone in the future deal with this without the days of effort trying to fix it. Awesome community, less awesome devs. Really hope they fix this so you guys don’t need to worry about it.

2 Likes

Sorry to hear this. I really tried to bring attention to this issue, but still no response as to whether the bug report has been received and is worked on … :grimacing:

I also thought savegame corruption was a thing of the past, until the Base Assault update, which it appears have introduced an even worse savegame bug that corrupts both the main and backup save (again). :no_mouth:

2 Likes

So what I’m getting from this is that not only will I not be able to save any progress, weapons, materials, and rare Items I’ve collected but there is just absolutely nothing that can be done about it even if there is an update or hotfix in the future?

It’s purely guessing from my side here. But since the devs haven’t yet acknowledged this bug, or given any response, it’s very difficult to know where this situation stands. I’ve written a PM to Pontus, to try and get some response.

If you do crash in this manner like @Jane did, then yes, your progress and save data is gone forever. The only way to avoid losing everything is by backing up your save data, if you can.

I was building and I’m on Xbox and I can’t even get past the “Press A to play as” screen to get to the main menu. Idk what’s wrong or if any files are corrupted or not but it might be the same thing

If you crashed while building, then it is most likely the same problem.

Unfortunately everything you had is now gone.

Oof. Honestly as much as I love the game this might be my departure from it. Really loved it and I was still giving it a chance even with the constant crashing after the resistance update was released but if I’m going to lose everything and have to grind all of my experimentals, progress, and other things back then I’m just going to uninstall.

1 Like

Mine got corrupted when building at the base next to the farmlands about a week ago had to delete my save and start all over again

Quick update, I don’t know what happened, but my save is fine now. Just installed the game for the first time since I got rid of it up above, and it let me in just fine. I’m certainly not complaining, but I’ve absolutely no idea what fixed it. Might be worth trying again, if you were in the same situation as me.

Just remember to install the DLCs before you try, I lost most of my inventory because of that, but having access to my game save makes up for it more than enough.

1 Like

Hi everyone, im asking this on behalf of my younger brother, he cant load into the game once it loads to the symbol for his game save load, it crashes completely everytime before main screen, hes on windows 10 pro PC, has enough ram,cpu and a GTX 1650 graphic card, just cant seem to login anymore, but me myself im fine, im not sure after the update it could have corrupted his save file from recent update at a certain mission im not sure, any help or ideas is appreciated

Thanks Hellmatic

I can almost guarantee this is the issue, its something cropped up as a result of most recent Dangerous Experiments update.

Hi and thankyou for the reply Indominus-J i hope it isnt because if it has and hes lost his progress he isnt going to start again, and he just wont play it anymore, but i hope it can get fixed or somthing so that i dont loose his joy and gaming with my brother, thanks for replys hope everyone has a good Christmas and New Year all around the world and the Gen Z community :smiley:

He could try several things.

• make a backup of the safegame and try to start the game without it. Make a new game, safe, recover the safegame file, start again.
  • try starting the game completly offline
  • try deleting the avalanche apex connect account (https://apex-connect.avalanchestudios.com/) and stop deletion on game startup.
  • try the safegame with the beta (if you’re playing on steam)
  • check if the safegame folders are write protected (on pc)

I linked a post that has a solution, its isnt a corrupt save file but just a crash to desktop issue in which the post has the temp solution, this should be pushed through sometime next week onto the main build.