Technical Feature request - split savegame files

Hi,

As I had to backup and load backups of my savegames now very often, because there was something broken, I wondered why GZ saves everything in just one file. (PS5)

Couldn’t there be different files for settings and player-id-related stuff, story progress and one for each character?

At least the last ones would help to create backups of special characters and their equipment.

If one just likes to reset the story progress but to play with a special character he/she could just delete the story-savegame.

If there are technical problems due to settings or a broken connection between the player-id and the apex connect account, you could just delete the related file.

You would not have to delete everything.
Other games do something similar, too.

Thx

1 Like

Ok, i’d like to add the seperated autosave-file.

So you say that it is possible to backup and restore game-saves on Ps5? How about on Xbox?

I don’t about Xbox, but it’s possible to backup save data on PS4 as well if you have PSPlus.

Yes. You can transfer to and backup from Playstation cloud (if you have psplus) automatically or manually.
I once made a backup on a usb flash drive, but I didn’t load it from there yet. Should be possible.

1 Like