NEW DAWN UPDATE - (Discussion)

@Kaliber is referring to this bug, where you crash while building a base and then crash every time you try logging in. Hopefully this issue will be resolved soon.

I hope so, that hopefully means I’ll finally be able to play with my friends on Xbox.

1 Like

Anyone else notice that the hunter looks a little different in the picture? Like a more bare bones variant of the apocalypse hunter?

1 Like

Am curious , hoping for the best :no_mouth:

1 Like

That was happening to me on launch, I haven’t played on PS for ages now, I really can’t get why PS5 hasn’t had parity with Xbox , I’ve played for couple of years on PS4 and 5 now switched to Series X/S frustrating we keep hearing multi platform optimisation is coming but when ! Anyhow hopefully this update is exciting and PS get some love too :v::heart:

2 Likes

You can play - but it seems you shouldn’t build your base to the very edge of the build zone (which I what I suspect happened for you (see my earlier report).

1 Like

Well with the name “New Dawn” i would feel it has to do with humanity fighting back, i did notice that in the main safehouse of the dlc island, there is an individual examining a FNIX runner, so there may be some new weapons or gadgets, maybe even new enemy types to counter the rising human retaliation. It would be cool if the humans found a way to use a decommisioned/reprogrammed/modified harvester or tank as a source of transportation. It would make great use of Anita since she is familiar with the FNIX coding.

You mean Veronika?

Veronika is / was computer engineer in FOA.
Anita is / was a travel agent and tourist guide. Now she is leader of the resistance at Himfjäll.

1 Like

That always confused me. What strategic or tactical skill could a tour guide possibly have?

Well maybe a good leader needs to have people skills.

Elsa is a fighter pilot, she has the most tactical skills, but she arrived later, after Anita assumed her leader role in Himfjäll. The situation in Östertörn asks for civilians to step up, regardless of skills.
Elsa is leader of the group she started, called “The resistance”, mainly operation in Östertörn. While Anita sticks to Himfjäll.

Take Calle, he was a Farmer and yet he, and you the player, managed to destroy the big cannon at #10011.

Janek, well he had a keen eye, observing the machine behavior, while he was an electrician.

Marja, is good in organising and keeping up the spirits. Giving valuable information to the survivors in Östervik.

2 Likes

Yeah lol my bad, im horrible with names

1 Like

Is there anything in the storyline to do with Mainland Sweden’s response? Would be cool for that big unused island above Himfjäll to be a strategic point for a mainland military reponse, seeing battles between armed soldiers and vehicles against the robot threat while you go about your business on map

That’ something I’ve been wondering about as well, and as far as I know, there’s a striking LACK of swedish military activity. No recon flights, no warships, not even supply drops. Something seems to keep the government of Sweden from senging reinforcements, and I hope we one day find out what exactly that is.

1 Like

There is circumstantial evidence that there has been support from outside Östertörn. If we look at the Vräken Strike Fighters that are still intact, they all have the Air force Base Number 17 indicating they came from Air base F17 Kallinge. That Air base is on the mainland, more specifically near Ronneby in southern Sweden. We of course have to assume that the devs did this on purpose with the story in mind. :thinking:

We do not find any Vräken with number 23 below the cockpit. We can only assume that the Strike fighters from F23 Överby Air base all have been shot down, and crashed all over Östertörn. We only find wrecks with all the paint and identification number (23) burned off.

In the mission “Nothing but the Snow” Elsa says; “…This is Vräken Kara 11 23, from F23 Överby, this is Corporal Elsa Khorsandi …”
So she was flying a Vräken with the number 23, and crashed it.

3 Likes

They have now shown some of the reworked areas around North Coast.

5 Likes

I hope there will be some more info soon.
Just a revamp of north coast seems a little bit disappointing.

I guess there will be the announcement for the weekly stream tomorrow and a tweet with some further info after the stream.
Maybe the release could be on friday.

1 Like

On the last stream, they said there won’t be one tomorrow. I forgot to put that in my stream summary.

I love the Great Wall of Hagaboda. :coffee:

1 Like

And heres the reveal to the Intro mission revamp including NPCs for them.

3 Likes

I don’t know how I feel about these intro mission changes. Making the game more accessible to new players and explaining mechanics from within the game itself instead of having to look them up on the Wiki or the Forum or YouTube is definitely a good idea.

But I really don’t like the idea of meeting NPCs as soon as you start the game. It will really diminish the whole “what happened to everyone” mystery and the atmosphere of isolation from the get-go. If you follow the story chronologically (which a lot of new players don’t because they can access FNIX Rising as soon as they leave the Archipelago, oops) you never even meet anyone else in the base game, it’s only when you head to Himfjäll that you reunite with your fellow countrymen. It’s supposed to be a big moment, but it won’t be anymore.

Then again, they already put Masskar base and those FNIX structures and the final DLC storyline missions right in the beginning areas so maybe this whole isolation mystery idea isn’t a big concern to them…

9 Likes