POLL: Do you buy the DLC packs?

and then you find them but they are incredibly easy to kill

1 Like

That’s interesting.
I always have a battle of some tanks, harvesters and wolves north of the windmills.

But I agree, that there are places that have been cleared from machines due to the controll points for the bases
 And that makes many places quite empty.

1 Like

I have found that not visiting regions for weeks at a time and playing in more popular areas like the Farmlands, almost always has easy to find targets, the forgotten regions gain a lot more targets. My guess is not farming those regions helps spawn a lot more targets.

I did not buy Gen Zero because there is base building in the game, there wasn’t when I bought it. But it seems base building has been the focus more and more. And like I stated earlier in the thread, I hope that our money spent will start going towards fixing the basic game and also if it is becoming a base building game, fix all those bugs too.

If I was a new player to Gen Zero I would expect the game to work better than it does. And I can see the opinion of buying the DLCs is a way of telling the Devs to spend that money on more broken add-ons and not to worry about fixing the basic game. I just hope that is not the case but hope only lasts so long before it fades away to reality.

2 Likes

Hmm, at the beacon opposite of the Tyloveden valley you should get enemies. And I always get enemies if I pass the three windmills. But it’s true that the battles we saw before the latest update aren’t there anymore in Forest. I think the purpose is to get the Fnix bases to spawn, and get enemies plenty that way. But if you aren’t on PC, you have to wait for the hotfix.

I don’t think it is necessary to keep all weapons we collect? I like to try new weapons, but if I don’t use them regularly I will get rid of them if they interfere with my plundra space.

2 Likes

Wich feels ironic considering that revamps have been going on a while now. But speaking of the map, I’m gonna come in with a hot take and say the map (aside from HimfjĂ€ll) is getting boring with these revamps. I say that because there is no cohesion with them and because they don’t fix the underlying issue, I’ll get to that one later. First is cohesion, the map is always constant regardless of story progression. A new player will see FNIX structures when in the actually story FNIX hasn’t built those yet. Sure it doesn’t change the story you play but it changes the context of it. Feels like something that would happen in a early access game.

When you go the first town you are to think it was abandoned, but a tiny tiny hint of machine activity. But now most of the town shows signs of war and now it simply gives the answer instead of the player being able to think for themselves. I know the reason was to make towns feel active, but honestly for me personally it took away so much from the atmosphere by making everything be destroyed. Now if that was something that happened as you progressed through the story and FNIX rising, then it would make sense. But more buildings are being locked up, so is there really a reason to explore when the main source of everything is machine loot?

What I feel is the underlying issue is that they never Improved the details of the towns. As a Swede I could easily see “oh look 80s Sweden”, but over time it fades since there is still copy and paste stores literally next to each other. Or there being a lack of building diversity such as different stores,houses and essential buildings. It’s like they captured the idea of 80s Sweden but nothing of substance

8 Likes

The world changing regardless of player progress is one of the most annoying things in the game. For me, story is an important part of a game, especially one like this that has so much atmosphere and an interesting setting. But it is so hard to be immersed in the story when the map is showing me things that are supposed to happen many months from now.

I only started playing last December, so by that time all the revamps and DLC stuff up to that point was already out. When I was in the South Coast I knew that the FNIX Structures were clearly not supposed to appear yet so I just tried to pretend they weren’t there.

Same thing happened when Landfall came out before I finished the main story, so I ended up fighting Soviet machines and raiding Soviet bases before I knew what FNIX even was or what had transpired prior to the Cataclysm. So I just pretended that wasn’t happening so the story would make sense.

Having to gaslight yourself for the story to be chronological in any way is really annoying. I wish that, like you said, world progression was tied with story progression. So FNIX Rising stuff wouldn’t appear until you finished Alpine Unrest or at least until you finished Behind the Curtain, and same with the Soviet Machines and structures.

I realize that I basically made this exact post before on other one of your threads but I just really have to emphasize how nonsensical it is to have the map set in multiple different time periods for new players.

9 Likes

I always found it ridiculous that the FNIX rising resistance base, which is super late game and takes place super recently in the overall story, is placed in what is effectively the games intro sequence/tutorial.

3 Likes

It’s a very confusing and bad choice. A lot of players end up playing through FNIX Rising as soon as they leave the Archipelago

1 Like

I just don’t see the point of buying extra guns that could easily be added to the game and earned. Maybe make gun camos / new clothing for people that want to show extra support instead of only giving new weapons to people that like buying everything a game has.

I’d rather keep using my rare 50 call than spend 3-6 dollars on a few guns. Especially when i may not like all of the guns included.

I got most of the DLC packs as a combo during a Steam sale, so honestly didn’t know what to expect. I didn’t expect disappointment. Guess it was nice that I got all of them cheap.

I agree in theory. Most of the US weapons are irrelevent in the context of the game and the story. I did enjoy the (butt ugly) N16, and if I could actually find a better one than the 3C given with the pack, I’d likely use it. Never got a drop of an N16 higher than a 3C in all the hours I’ve played. Although did find a 5C mag for it. Unfortunate, really.

The N9 though, I quite enjoy as a pistol. I think the 5C version ties with the experimental Klauk as the best semi-auto pistol in the game as far as I’m concerned. And I did find a 5C N9 and mag. I honestly think it COULD work in the context of the game as the Beretta 92 is one of the most popular semi-auto pistols in the world, and likely was the #1 back in the time period of GZ as Glock was still a relative newcomer to the pistol market. It wouldn’t be a stretch to think you’d be able to find it in Sweden in the late 80s, albeit not necessarily in military arsenals.

In any case, I buy the DLCs in order to support the devs and their great work on the game so far. It’s had its ups and downs over the years (bought it at launch), it still has issues, but it’s a damn fun game to play.

4 Likes

Just to answer the pole i will say NOT ANYMORE i’m tired of paying for dlc’s when annoying bugs are just ignored for trivial dlc’s. yes some of them have greatly improved the game for the better and i understand its a business to make money. i got this game very early in development but why must i pay multiply times for a game for a product i should have got from the start especially since they claim its a finished product.

3 Likes