POLL: Do you play with Swedish or English voice lines?

In the settings you can choose whether dialogue should be spoken in Swedish or English. I was wondering what everyone uses when they play.

I’ve always used Swedish voice lines with English subtitles to really immerse myself into the setting. I also really like the way the Swedish accent and language sounds, even though I can’t speak it.

So, which dialogue language do you use?
  • Swedish
  • English

0 voters

I’m swedish. But had the voices been in another language I would use that language and english subtitles. But here in Sweden we are used to subtitled foreign movies so it comes naturally for me to use original language for voices.

5 Likes

I played through the main story in Swedish, but once the DLCs came out I switched to English.

2 Likes

I tend to play games / watch films in their native language with English subtitles. Be that anime, kung fu flicks, traditional cinema, Netflix series or video games.

4 Likes

just feels wrong to have it in english when the game is set in sweden to me

5 Likes

i used english because to understand the mysteries and made me learn that those machine are currupted by virus from a person failed to do something

2 Likes

Swedish, because I’m Swedish. But I tend to play all games in their original languages if I can, it’s much more immersive and you can learn a thing or two.

3 Likes

I have the game in English despite being Danish as i understand English much better then Swedish…
While Swedish is close to Danish, i only understand that much of it…
(Probably due to living in Yutland and much closer to Germany)
thous i appreciate the English version dub ^.^

But i have been able to read the untranslated signs throughout the game
and translate them to my German friend that i Play with ^.~

3 Likes

I have the swedish sound because it let me immerse more despite that I’m german. Due to GZ i learned a little swedish. :smile:

4 Likes

I do not speak European so I use English voice lines.

3 Likes

what language is european

1 Like

The results here have been pretty consistently 70/30 Swedish/English. I figured there’d be more English, like 60/40. Pretty interesting.

1 Like

A language most commobnly found in the continent of Afroeurasia

2 Likes

Afroeurasia ??? Where is that?

It is the largest continent on the planet Earth.

1 Like

Afroeurasia is not a continent. European is not a language.

You should urgently improve your knowledge in geography

1 Like

Afro-eurasia is actually the biggest landmass on earth. So it is technically also the largest continent on our planet.
The common definition is that europe is one continent, asia another, africa a third is based on history. But they all are connected to each other and therefore is one continent.

The same with South and north america. They are connected and therefore technically one continent and not two.

1 Like

I am not sure why you say I need to improve my geography. Afro-eurasia is indeed the largest continent on the planet. Please reasearch next time before saying such things.

You too. Please gain knowledge.

As for european being a language, that is what is know in the linguistics community as a joke.

Now please, let us get back on topic.

3 Likes

Young man, you should at least read the article to the end before lecturing others.

Quote Wikipedia
"As in the case of Eurasia, in the case of Africa-Eurasia many scholars argue that the division of the “world island” is not justified and is merely historical and cultural. Traditionally, the boundary between Africa and Eurasia is considered to be the Isthmus of Suez. "
End quote.

What leads to the expression “Afroeurasia” merely is the fact that Africa moves further to the north and will close the Mediterranean Sea in about 50 million years and a Himalaya-like mountain range will unfold at this place. I will inform them in time about it, when it is so far.

And by the way, since I live in Europe myself, I can assure you that there is no European language. It is only agreed within the European Union that the English language is used in government debates. Whereas the national official languages like English, French, Dutch, German, Luxembourgish, Swiss, Spanish, Italian, Polish, Czech, Hungarian, Danish, Swedish, Finnish, Norwegian etc. are still used in the parliaments of the member countries.

So and now end with the tutoring and end of the discussion.

Back to the Topic !!

2 Likes