Poll: Preferred vision mod & ammo type

I think they are very useful to look around a large area without using binoculars (ir is my favourite). Also x ray is useful if you are stuck behind a wall.

1 Like

Also please can someone explain what spotting is?

I’m mainly a AG4/Ai-76 and PVG90 user, and I only got a thermal scope on my PVG; the ARs get the red dot scope. My binocs have the triple visor + tech view skill, so I can spot and track enemies, most of the time while out of combat.
Ammo-wise, I usually just use what I find, but I tend not to switch during combat, so I stack one kind of ammo until I got a decent amount while using the rarer type (to unclutter my inventory).
I use birdshot for my exp shotty tho - everything else seems ineffective.

1 Like

Poll10:

Doesn’t the word “preferred” indicate to choose the one vision-mod or the one ammo type you prefer in most cases? I read it like that.

2 Likes

You can use 2 at the same time, or 3 with the full vision set.
Those are also options.
The author just did not remember there are more ways to use them.
The same with the weapons.

At the same time? So you can turn on IR and Tech view at the same time. How?

You know what I meant.
There are people who only use Thermal and that´s it.
Then there are people who use Double Vision modules, they exist you know?
And then there are people who use Triple vision modules.
So it makes sense what i´m saying.
The double and triple vision modules are a singular option.
Never said anything about Tech view which is not even a real vision mod, it´s a “perk”
There are various vision modules:

• Thermal
  • Night vision
  • OPV
  • Full vision
    and then the combinations:
  • OPV-NV
  • OPV-THERMAL
  • THERMAL-NV

Tech view aka spotting is a skill you get on the skill tree which allows you to highlight enemies there is also 2 other skill giving you an analysis of the machine it’s distance and difficulty. (If you have the machines blueprint it shows you weakspots and components)

1 Like

Now I do. Maybe @Wolf_Spirit07 meant what preferred vision we like when using a vision module.

1 Like

Well I always use OPV-Thermal, and use both" prefered vision" so I see it as an option to the “question”.
Just a missing one from the Poll.
And as Aesyle i can not vote, or at least I choose not to , because i feel it does not make the statistics data correct.

To add to that: Tech View does give yellow outline around the machine if you have clear line of sight to it. Tech View is also used to mark enemies, with red outline, if you have Enemy Marking skill unlocked. However, one doesn’t need to have Spotting Intel skill to use Enemy Marking in Tech View.

Also, guys, lets not argue over how complete or incomplete the poll is. It was pointed out that the poll could’ve been better by including all vision modules and having multiple choice. That’s something to keep in mind when creating future polls.

Moreover, I was the one, who wrote “preferred” in the topic title since original title didn’t say nothing about what kind of poll it is; and i corrected the topic title before anyone replied in it. So, you guys can look towards me for using the “preferred” word in the topic title.

//Mod

2 Likes

Thermal is the best, you can see enemies clearly from basically any distance as long as they are rendered in. In terms of ammo, I tend to use hollow point and full metal jacket.

I don’t use any other sniper/rifle besides my good old exp pvg :laughing:

But do u use vision mods?

Ammo: I use all of it. Hoard, choke on overencumbrance, but still use it all. Just needs to adjust playstyle, when dealing with thick-armored units. Still, the preference is scale “first-last” -> “HP/SP - FMJ - AP”.
Special mention goes for shotgun - slugs for “varminting” and breaking tiny components/Tank’s joints from front, buck is all-rounder, bird is either saved up for exp. flechete or used in cqc.

Sight: IR and OPV mostly in dim-light conditions and quick check on weak spots. Former for range and fast target detection, latter for cover-rich envonment, ridges/hills and thick foliage.

11 posts were merged into an existing topic: Casual chat discussions

I have one of the triple vision mods on my pvg, and the tech view skill on my binoculars. I mainly use the thermal vision, because it seems to be the most useful.

1 Like

A PVG90 loaded with AP ammo can destroy in one shoot the leg armor of tanks and harvesters, while FMJ ammo takes 2 to 3 shoots*. It’s save ammo.

*results may vary according to selected skills and difficulty.

I use mostly the thermal vision module, and that’s for the binoculars. I tend not to use them on scopes, they cover too much of my view. But that’s balance by design, I think, so it’s understandable.

I won’t go through all the ammo types I use, but I tend to use FMJ for the machineguns a lot since it’s so common, and it’s hard to run out of it during combat. Save the AP for bigger baddies like Rivals and the Reaper.

2 Likes

That may well be, but I mainly play the May 2020 version of the game which lacks the ‘ammo switch’ button, so I’d have to open the menu, change the ammo type, fire a few shots, then change it again…
The AP ammo is great against the big ones, and I usually have enough of both kinds to clean out a platoon before I need to restock, so it’s not much of an issue.