Possible bow/crossbow?

I like the idea and ptobably the most usefull reason to use is that you remain stealth. To shoot an arrow or crossbow bolt is not as loud as to fire a gun. Eventhough we have silencers they still make a noise and the machines can detect you.

well i think it whould make the game more primitive but ok

The easy way to make a bow a big plus in the game is if the machines couldn’t figure out where it came from. At the moment the only weapon they can’t figure is the grenade. You can throw a grenade on and unsuspecting heap of machines and they all run about confused. Bow would a more accurate (and longer range) addition.

Clearly as Aesyle says, it wouldn’t penetrate on its own, but you could tape a flare to it, or a stick of dynamite and you’re crackin’…

1 Like

I imagine the bow as a support weapon in the team, which is armed with experimental ammunition. Nice side effect: Its silence

Silencers?
They’re ingame with good reason.

Bows are logically useless, arrows can’t and won’t penetrate thick metal plating.

1 Like

I find your thinking is very short-sighted! The bow is intended to serve as a support weapon and not as a WMD weapon. It should trigger EMPs or other effects on the machines. Such weapons make GenZ richer than any XXL machines taken out of context. Read a few books!

Ah… right, my bad.
Sorry that the arrow would ping off the robot, the EMP wouldn’t dig far enough or would weigh far to much to even cause any detrimental effect.
Other effects? Such as?
Bows are useless in this game. They are massive war machines that can take a EMP Rocket, get that.
R o c k e t, a explosive round that is far larger than an arrow, only keeps them offline for a couple of seconds, if that.

It is completely useless. No penetration, the EMP would just activate on the floor.

“Read a few books”
Use some logic.
Edit :
Even as a support weapon, it’s still useless.
Unless the arrow is fired from a ballista sized contraption and the arrow is six feet long and a couple hundred pounds, then it’s useful. A bow and string or even a crossbow still won’t do anything worthwhile.

Moved discussion to bow/crossbow thread.

//Mod

How about something like sticky bows? Not necessarily crafted for piercing but they stick and then set off some sort of charge or explosion, I could see shock arrows being a thing where they do increase damage when they arc and if you make an arc it has a longer range.

Even placing a shock charge / explosive charge onto an arrow it still wouldn’t deal any significant damage.

We use Rocket launchers, large rockets are fired from them and still don’t do massive amounts of damage even when they strike a weakpoint.

An arrow with a explosve charge on it, in my eyes atleast, is completely useless.
I just can’t see how it can deal any real damage.

Emp arrows then? Where the emp effect last really long, same with radioactive arrows.

The Only use I can see for a bow is as decoy. Sending of a flaming arrow or an arrow with some form of flare attached to it. Just to get it a bit further than you can throw.

1 Like

I’d like to see (cross)bow as a means to send throwables further and with more velocity and accuracy, if that would make any practical sense.
On the other hand, throw-related skills do give considerable boost to accuracy and throwing distance up to point of questioning the need of bows for that kind of support.
Yet, we already have “support crossbow” type in the form of CarlG rocket launcher and people’s opinion about it.

I don’t think that’d work either, it’s such a small projectile and adding an EMP to it would work if you were to say strike an actual internal component, if not then I just can’t see an EMP on an arrow doing any lasting stagger effects, and rocket propelled EMP keeps them disabled for a couple of seconds, if that.