Pre-order price

Hey guys anyone know when the pre-order will be out and the price it will be? :v: :v:

The price was given as $35 for PC and $40 for console versions during the most recent developer stream. No date for pre-ordering has been given yet though.

1 Like

NO PREORDER

Seriously, don’t pre-order games. What do you do when you buy a car? You take it for a test, read the reviews, and get a prepurchase inspection, so you can avoid dealers who are trying to sell you a lemon.

The same goes for the games industry. There’s a lot of publishers out there that just want your money, and if they can get it from you without having to deliver anything more than empty promises and a flash trailer, then that is exactly what they will do.

Fallout 76, Mass Effect Andromeda, Call of Duty, Star Wars Battlefront, Assassin’s Creed Unity, Arkham Knight, Watchdogs- the landscape is littered with broken, buggy messes created by publishers who don’t care about the game or the consumer- and why would they when people just keep giving them money regardless.

Now I’m not saying Avalanche is like that. What I am saying is don’t give them any incentive to be.

3 Likes

@Solensia I get you, but I think most includeing myself will not be heeding your advice, as this is not buying a car, its a game. I’ve always bought A game based on what its like at the time of purchess at least then you know what your getting and any updates is a bonus. Take the forest for example when I first bought it, it was pretty pants but the community got behind the game anyway and encourged the dev’s to do better and the devs ended up adding more to the game then expected. Now its fully realised and amazeing.

2 Likes

I’ve always bought A game based on what its like at the time of purchess at least then you know what your getting and any updates is a bonus

That’s basically my argument in a nutshell. You buy things based on whether it’s a good purchase for its current state at that time. A pre-order game is by definition unplayable, so you shouldn’t buy it then.

2 Likes

I agree on the not pre-ordering because I don’t EVER do so, with this game being the exception!

1. It’s not a known rip off/money grab title or company. (Cough Call of Duty Cough)
  2. It looks better than most huge AAA titles, yet it’s $35 and not $60 with a stupid $60 SEASON PASS already being shown off before the game’s even OUT. (Most anything anymore literally being sold in parts for full prices and WAY more!)
  3. it’s single player which is a big deal for ME personally as games are ruined for me having to ALWAYS try to find people to play with. (GTA5 for heists, Conan, pretty well any online game that forced a squad or sitting on a matchmaking screen when people quit or drop out)

Just my opinion though!

1 Like

Hello, I wanted to notify you in case you missed it: Preorders are now open on steam and select retailers.

1 Like