PS4 DLC: feedback and discussion

Out of context taken, sorry I am. My native language is English not. :wink:

Somehow I can relate to this :thinking:

Hardly the game devsā€™ fault if people make independent videos of the game on youtube. Youā€™re free to choose what you watch at any time. There are unreleased games that Iā€™ve yet to see any videoā€™s or articles of, because I want to wait until release to experience them myself.

2 Likes

Or you buy three donuts, but while youā€™re in the procces of giving your third child their donut, you realize that itsā€™s moldy, so you have to drive back to the store to get a new one.

No developer will ever delay a game on a platform just to protect people from spoilers.
Imagine if they devs had posted something like "we have the dlc ready for pc, but on consoles it will take longer, sowe wonā€™t release it yet.
The shitstorm would be even bigger, iā€™d bet good money on that.

2 Likes

World reworks, including the trenches and FNIX structures will be free.

1 Like

It isnā€™t good business either when bills and salaries need to be paid. Releasing the expansion for pc was simply necessary. Most companies suffer financially during dire times. Itā€™s no different in the gaming industry.

2 Likes

The game is an utter mess on ps4. I am not responsible for that, nor is the community. I paid for a working game, that after an update NOT created by me, has now left my game broken and with a shoddy experience. I do not enjoy, after a crazy hard battle, watching bodies float away before Iā€™ve had a chance to loot them, nor do I enjoy taking out 30 plus rivals with a friend to end up with a compensator. One of my favourites is the, disconnect mid battle because the game canā€™t handle the lag, scenario. The update to fix these problems has benefited some but not all as the best we get is ā€œcoming soonā€. Experience what I experience, on daily basis then tell me I am wrong, but Iā€™m sick of excuses.

I understand this but there is something nearly unavoidable: Videos suggested by YT. With Clickbait titles and covers that show the craziest thing of a game to get attentions from people and gather as much views as possible.

I stopped following all Generation Zero-related channel (sorry for the guys, some made good content but I wanted to avoid spoilers as much as possible) but YT keep suggesting GZ-videos. And with clickbait titles and covers I already got a lot of spoilers. Iā€™m not gonna stop looking at YT, I watch other things than GZ-content. Spoilers are avoidable for a time but the time has been so long and with 2 RELEASES (PC and then Xbox) wich means 2 SPOILERS WAVES, itā€™s too late.

Still PS4 players could like the new content ! But the story will be less exciting for PS4 players than it is for Xbox, and A LOT less exciting than it was for PC.

Itā€™s like with movies: If you already know the story and all twists, will you still go watch the movie for the full price ? Some fans will, because there are always ā€œloyal fansā€ that will buy the cinema tickets no matter whatā€¦ But people that had a doubt will doubt even more, maybe they will wait for a DVD-release that cost lessā€¦ Or watch it for free in streaming. Or never watch it.

Same with the DLC, maybe Iā€™ll play with the new free update to get the new weapons, but the DLCā€¦ depending on the price of the DLC, Iā€™ll just watch the story on YT, as I already got spoilers from it.

It has been a PC-exclusive story for months so paying the same money as people that exclusively got it months before us would feel like paying as much as people with an ā€œanticipated accessā€ while getting only the normal release. So Iā€™ll probably buy this DLC when it will be on sale.

By the way, looking at the actual GZ sale, I think they try to get new players in the game because maybe a lot of us stopped playing the game since April. Itā€™s definitely a hard time but itā€™s a bad timing for PS4: Imagine youā€™re a new player and your first impression is playing with the actual version (April difficulty). Not the best impression at all sadlyā€¦

I have the same experience than you, playing with my friends and meeting all those bugs. Just stop playing this game until the update is released on PS4 and try other games.

With my friends we tried the Avengers beta and at this point weā€™ll switch to this game as long as GZ wonā€™t be updated, and maybe longer than that because you know: New game, new story and a lot to discover !
Itā€™s sad because weā€™d never switched like that without such a long wait. We got sick of GZ after all the bugs, the difficulty and the wait. We donā€™t enjoy GZ now. So it will be hard to come back for myself and hard to convince my friends too. With a new game we all like, it will be even harder but at least there is a game weā€™ll play together and enjoy, thatā€™s the important point. But itā€™s sad because GZ used to be funny for us.

1 Like

@DarkAngelLord95 I understand the frustration about the game being broken in certain aspects since April, but not about the spoiler part, we live in the age of information, plots from movies and games are known even before they are released, that is not a big deal, usually most of the games i buy i already know half of the plot, and almost all of them are cliche anyway, but let me tell you something, itĀ“s been 3 months and i still donĀ“t know most of the plot of Fnix Rising and i usually go to YouTube everyday, so if i can do it so can you :wink: .
Now one more thing, if the DLC comes in the next 2 weeks itĀ“s highly probable that it will bring crashes like the XBOX version did, so let this be a warning for everybody unless the devs assure that is fixed.

Well, yes. Thatā€™s youtube for you, unfortunately. Again, not the devsā€™ fault.

I personally donā€™t give in to hype. I form my own opinion, regardless if someone spoils an entire movie or game. I still want to experience it. Sure, it sucks when something you look forward to gets spoiled, but in youtubeā€™s case thereā€™s not much that can be done, sadly :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Itā€™s 1 Sep, 2020. So, when will it be released?

2 Likes

Unknown, but certainly not on this week.
And take note that although Xbox update is been out for a week, they have new game breaking bugsā€¦so the PS4 update might take longer than the already LONG expected time.

1 Like

Itā€™s pretty obvious to me by now that PS4 takes a back seat to everything else. With the fresh Xbox fiasco in mind and how the devs are actively responding to that, donā€™t hold your breath waiting for a PS4 update.

2 Likes

Merged this into the Feedback thread for PS4 DLC, seems like the appropriate place for it to be.
As to a release date, I donā€™t rightly know. Itā€™s coming. Itā€™s a shame itā€™s taking time, but this sometimes happens with cross-platform releases.

//Mod

Like I said just wondering when ps4 will get the update? Starting to feel left outā€¦

1 Like

Same discussion topics merged.

//Mod

This thread some how makes me feel a bit better about my own gameplay. I play this game on the PS4 and find myself barely surviving tanks with the monstrous blast radius, harvesters with their necron guards and endless supply of hunters. I constantly low on health, ammo, and places to go (and Iā€™m just on Skirmish difficulty). I feel once this update comes the challenges of surviving will be gone, and perhaps will dampen the feeling of accomplishment.

Though it will also be nice to see how much better I have become.

I started playing GZ about a week or two ago on the ps4 not knowing about the difficulty spike and it nearly killed the game for me from the get go thinking it was ment to be this hard. It was hard, really really hard at the start with minor gear. Then got a hubting rifle, the AR4, couple hundred rounds of ammo and the game seemed to have leveled out before taking another massive difficulty spike making the game grindy and frustrating for me and Iā€™m only level 15.

I deeply wanna love this game, it looks great, sounds fantastic, an interesting spin on the survival type game. I really hope the devs can pull together and get a working dlc and patch for this game! Checking back daily for updates. Cheers

1 Like

Donā€™t worry, when the update for PS4 comes out, the difficulty will be fixed. It turned out very good for PC at least. :wink:

Yes but it also turned out very bad for Xbox players, even corrupting their savesā€¦

If youā€™re new to the game, try the next update on Day One. But if you donā€™t want to restart the whole game after losing your save files, just keep waiting for a second update.

Xbox players waited months for the update and got major issues with itā€¦ Just imagine all PS4 players that are waiting since April for the issues to be solved and then weā€™ll get the update andā€¦ ā€œSave files are corruptedā€. The April and Xbox updates just show us that, with every GZ update, there are lots of potential game-breaking issues. Not just the regular ā€œNew issuesā€ every game can have after an update. Major Issues. (Would be a good name for a new GZ NPC by the way)

Anyway the Xbox issues are still not solved so PS4 update is probably in stand-by.

Here are the steps before getting a playable PS4 version:

-Waiting for the Xbox issues to be solved
-having hopes theyā€™ll remember to solve PS4 issues
-waiting for them to say ā€œPS4 update will be released soonā€ a couple of time in months.
-PS4 update RELEASED! But it brings new big issues as corrupted save filesā€¦ So the game is still unplayableā€¦
-Waiting while theyā€™ll try to solve the issues, asking Sony to help them.

Spooky%20Skeleton%202%2016092020130415

4 Likes