[PS4] Inaccurate homing turrets

I’ve just bought the Tactical weapons pack 2 on PS4, every other gadget works perfectly fine, except the homing turrets. The turrets do not properly find and hit their designated target, the rockets either fly into the ground, or completely fly past the intended target. There is no “orbiting” of these rockets, they just don’t hit anything.

I’m not sure if it’s just me, or if it’s on-going bug. Would really like to see a fix to this if possible.

Hey. Would be nice to see what you mean.
Can you make a video, upload it for example on YouTube and paste the link here?

Last time I used the homing turrets I also had the feeling that somethings going wrong. I used about 8 of them against a reaper and I think that a great amount of rockets exploded before they reached the target… with no effect.

Here you go, this should identify the problem more clearly. Sorry for the garbage video quality.

I did chuck a firework to get the wolf off of me, but I don’t think that should be the issue here.

Thanks for providing video! This definitely looks like some kind of targeting issue. I don’t think the fireworks are to blame here.

Interesting theory with the fireworks.
I’ll do some tests with fireworks and flares, too.

Could it also be that there are undersurface machine spawns? If they are closer than the Wolf, they could become the primary target.

Edit:
It’s neither the fireworks, nor flares.

Alright, I least I know it’s not just me with this problem, thanks for the flare and firework testing.

Additionally you can see that, if the turret selfdestructs, some of the last fired rockets don’t even fly to the target. They get lost.

If it’s in multiplayer maybe it can be because of other players have their machines at that place. It often happens for us in multiplayer on ps4 that one player has machines the others can’t see. But maybe the turret do.

At least in my case it was while playing alone.

I am on PC/Steam and they worked great when they first came out, but the last few times I deployed the turrets they lost track of the target, the big reaper. They start buzzing around, hit near me and everything shown in the video. I always deploy 4 at a time and looks like bees swarming but never sting.

I tried setting up one today in ps4. It started firing immediately and there was not any machines around. Just sent of the grenades in what looked like a random direction.

any higher level players on PS4 like to help me get experimental weapons?

What level is your character at?

Oh, btw, please don’t use random topics for your different goals. Make an own topic in the General/Community section.

level 5 sorry did not know i could make my own topic first time on this forum

1 Like

Ok, to make it short:
To be able to get experimental weapons you need to be at least at lvl 25.
Then there is a chance that they are dropped by rivals or can be a reward for completing base assaults or base defenses.

Besides of that you may also “trade” with other players, but I recommend to get them the usual way because it may destroy your experience otherwise.

1 Like

Madchaser okay thank you

1 Like

I came to the forums today to post about this, then I found this thread. I play on PS5 and this still seems to be an issue unfortunately. Both my girlfriend and I experience it in some form. For me, about 3/4 of the volley explode in mid-air. I have also seen every one explodes in mid-air. Very few meet their target.

I hope this can be addressed soon. The turrets are a great addition to the game and can tip the tables in the players favor when things get dicey!