Psychological Afflictions?

This idea has got to be waaaay out there smoked by a meth head and wrapped in a Tin Foil hat, BUT I’m going to pitch it anyway! Have you experienced GZ without music? Much much more ominous, the game definitely holds a spooky unnerving side to the world with it being abandoned, silent, and hiding dead bodies.

So here is the pitch, the protagonist humans are human for a reason, you let the human mind experience enough solitary or see things that are not normal such as dead bodies the mind begins to manipulate its own imagination and thoughts. Say the human spends a lot of time looting the corpses of dead soldiers, after awhile he begins to see things such as the shadows of those dead soldiers, as he spends more time doing so and being alone that human experiences more psychological illness such as doors and objects being manipulated, lights including your flashlight turning off in a dark bunker, possibly disembodied whispers yes?

Too much insanity can eventually harm you with hostile robot manipulations appearing as black smokey shadows bearing red eyes and specifically melee attacks only. In order to reduce or eliminate your insanity the human must simply avoid mind manipulating encounters to regain their sanity over time or pop pills meant for psychosis. Like I said in the beginning, meth head smoked idea wrapped in a tin foil hat.

1 Like

So have generation zero as more of a horror game. Acceleration. Yes.

2 Likes

I took the liberty of editing the post so it’s a bit easier to read :slight_smile:

I’m not sure if Generation Zero is the kind of game for this stuff, though there are a few spooks I’ve seen in Alpine Unrest;

Summary

Like the door closing by itself when you enter FOA 5 and the overall creepy atmosphere in that bunker.

It’s not a bad idea to add some more creepy stuff in the game though, various kinds of tension and suspense is a great way to mess with the player.

1 Like

Thanks for making it easier to understand! I write these posts by phone but for some reason it won’t let me space it. Nice to see other people like the idea! :grinning:

I turned the music off within a few hours of starting. In action, I couldn’t hear the next live machine for the music. I have played without ever since - your hearing is much better and you can detect machines long before the hud shows them up.

1 Like

The game is very freaky with some music but there are other songs I’ve noticed can be quite sad when walking around and I like how the gen zero team made that out as the story plays along it ays to remind you that you are all alone

Thats one neat factor I noticed without music, you can hear the humming of machines if they are in groups or running. Saved me from a couple ambushes.