PVE or PVP? And why?

The big reason for me really looking forward to Generation Zero is that it’s PVE! - i’m a sucker for PVE games like these, because it’s chill and you can always pause the game or keep playing at another time :slight_smile:
What is your preference and why?

3 Likes

Personally I like both. :smiley: PVE does tend to pull me in more though, I find it more relaxing without having to coordinate my gaming with others so much.

2 Likes

PvE. Because I like team play.

2 Likes

i believe that there are certain different mindsets between the two types of gameplay, usually in most PvP situations players are more careful with their actions and rely on more tactical maneuvers to outperform their other human opponents, but with PvE gameplay people take on a more steady+concentrated approach to threats (that isnt to say PvP doesn’t feature coordinated gameplay, but rather one focused more on tension than with PvE). so people who enjoy that kind of tactical and tense gameplay would enjoy PvP, and vise versa.

that’s always been my opinion on the matter

i’m not much of a PvP guy (because i always get my butt handed to me on a silver platter) so i could be a little biased, and i enjoy the less tense atmosphere of PvP gameplay too. i like fighting with people, rather than against people :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Couldn’t agree more, kitty! I’ve always leaned towards PvE games. So much more relaxed compared to fighting other players.

1 Like

I prefer PvE, to be sure. I also play a few PvP games & the community is way, way more toxic

4 Likes

PvE is where it’s at for me, however, I do enjoy having some occasional PvP fun :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Me and a mate play every Friday night, have done for close on 20 years. We have experienced many different games both PvE & PvP and hands down our favourite is PvE. Reasons that other posters have mentioned above but mostly because of the bad experiences we have had due to trolls who wish to ruin a good nights gaming.
We try to only play games where we control the server or its just us two.
Thats why Im hoping this game will be perfect for us…fingers crossed.

3 Likes

@sharkie - Sir, you and I are exactly in the same boat. My buddy and I gave up playing MMOs like EVE for that very reason. Our very casual game play style did not mix well with the trolls and griefers so now we mostly stick to ourselves. Many times it was not our relative skill, etc… that was the main contributing factor when their are folks that will invest time and money to have the fastest connection and will strip down the GUI to make sure they have as much of an advantage as possible. I have always been more interested in playing the game as intended. This sounds like something we are going to be interested in, for certain.

2 Likes

i dont think pvp would suit this game since the robots are not just creatures that wander around and keep you entertained they actually are different types and you will have enough to do with those

1 Like

@Saftbar this topic is just about what people like the most my guy :slight_smile:

1 Like

Let me start by saying great job guys the game Plays great so far, loving it. Now when I first saw this game it looked like an amazing PvE game And that’s what got me interested. saying that I can only imagine most of the people responding in the forum are in agreement. So I think you’re hitting a preset PvE demographic or group. But I do have to say I agree with everyone so far it should PvE… mainly. I don’t think it Should just be one or the other it could be mainly PvE with a little PvP or friendly fire option, maybe some kind of PvP modes or even like a custom games type thing. Don’t rule out the PvP before you even see what potential the game has with it. Everyone will probably hate me for saying this but look at fortnite. It was strictly PvE and months after adding PvP it took the world by storm… a really crappy storm that never ended. Point being don’t put all your eggs in one basket. I hope you give it a try.

1 Like

Love pve games never play PvP

1 Like

I like playing games on RPG games on techbigs as a PVE player because I don’t want to spend much money into gaming.

1 Like

Definitely PvE, have been decades hardcore PvP player.

I can definitely say that the nature of PvP game has changed a lot in last 10 years. And from my opinion to direction of worse. Dislike the mentality of personal goals in PvP. What makes it just glorified team death match in every current PvP game.

Co-Op PvE games are my new passion. Relaxed play with couple friends, have laugh of weird things and oh crap moments.

2 Likes

There is too many half assed PVP games out there and this is a rare gem where coop PVE is in main stage.
Never ever should this be PVP and the maximum likeness of PVP could be “friendly fire” option, but nothing beyond that.

2 Likes

Much prefer PvE but even more so with multiplayer cooperative.

I don’t have the time to GetGood with PvP these days and have no fun just being steamrollered over by others that seem to do nothing but PvP and enjoy gang hunting lone players. Just don’t see the point of wasting my time to give others cheap thrills anymore.

2 Likes