Question about XP while dying respawn/revival

Do you know if there is any difference in XP between

• dying, respawning in a safehouse and coming back to the fight to finish it and,
  • dying and reviving with an adrenaline shot and finishing the battle ?

I mean do you the same overall XP from the battle? In the first case your battle is lost, you get some XP for this + XP for a second finishing battle, in the second there is only one battle giving to you XP.

1 Like

I think that if you die and respawn you get Failed Combat, with less XP. If you revive and continue you still get all the XP from winning.

1 Like

When fighting close to a safehouse you can die several times and respawn, without using neither adrenaline nor medkits. So, the only loss is in XP.

Given enough shots to take - otherwise, in a pig-fight, I get through my only two adrenaline shots and have to respawn, hoping I’ve thought to drop a radio after using my last one… If I’ve got a safehouse next door, I’d rather respawn with 100% health and come back to finish the job, saving the shots for when I really need them.

You should get the full XP, but I don’t know. The XP you get sometimes it seems to me reflects the severity of the battle you’ve just had, and if they are already damaged, that nmay not be so severe. But I don’t know!

1 Like

Maybe a moderator could ask the devs some more details about how the XP is calculated for a fight. I don’t think this information be secret.

1 Like

I’m not actually sure myself. I try not to bother the devs too much unless it’s concerning things like game-breaking bugs and such. But you (or anyone else) can ask them at the wednesday stream Q&A next week, if nothing else.

I understand. It is a minor issue. It was just an idea. (I thought this kind of information is public for some other games and can be read in wiki). Unfortunately I can never assist the live streaming and I watch them later.

I listened yesterday Avalanche streaming. Answering a question about the bullet drop Graham said that they did not intend to give us the detailed internal information about the game, they just want the players PLAY AND TEST themselves. I understand it is also the reason why they have not published other details like XP calculations. It is a logical gameplay choice not an oversight.

I was working on Wednesday. Is there another in the next two weeks, 'cos I’m on holiday and could attend?

You can watch all of them, not live. In twitch. You can read also the chat questions.

No, I want to take part and put questions, but I’m only on hols for two weeks, otherwise i work Wednesdays.

BTW, I’m prob good to go tonight if you fancy a bimble about…

I was thinking that as well. However, I have just killed a first military hunter from a safehouse, died, respawned inside and got 168 XP “lost the battle”. Then I killed the two siblings and got 320 XP “won the battle”. I will try to confirm this observation.

Failed combat also seems to account for resources spent (so if you unload a bunch of rounds into a tank, then die, you’ll get some XP for it, albeit not enough proportionate to the resource investment). That’s probably where the discrepancy is coming from.