Realistic robot respawns/replenishment

At the moment there doesn’t seem to be anything in the way of robot ‘behaviour’ beyond see-kill!

So I’m wondering if (hoping) we can get some kind of robot economy/logistics, where are their supply drops, refuelling and repairs? It would be nice to see things like

• Supply drops for robots (which players could steal, boobytrap or otherwise fight the robots for)
  • Either refuelers which the robots meet to replenish themselves, or which go out to swap out the fuel cells on the robots (which players could take advantage while they’re vulnerable)
  • Instead of having robots just pop out of the ground (or mid air), have transports which drop them off, imagine seeing something like a Chinook fly in and drop off a Tank or Harvester, or a smaller transport fly over and drop a Pod which parachutes down then opens up to release a quad of runners, or larger transport trucks which come out from robot bases to release more robots.

Players could find somewhere too heavily defended to realistically take on, but by depriving them of fuel the robots become slower, or depriving them of supplies they fire slower or even stop using certain weapons after a while (like they could actually run out of rockets etc).

Or even seeing things like robot constructs, where a convoy of robots (worker robots and defenders) will assemble and leave a robot held area and head to a new location to establish a robot base of some kind (establishing walls, defences, supply & repairs station), which could increase/improve over time (including regular supply convoys).

10 Likes

I like that idea. I’ve often thought if we have limited ammo and supplies, why shouldn’t the machines have to go by the same rules. Would help make the game more strategic.

Amazing ideas, one thing I would like to add to the chinook air drop would maybe be a larger version of a seeker, whose purpose is to carry bots and drop them on where previous spawn points were. You could them kill the supply bots to restrict flow of bots supplied to the areas assigned to the supply bot you killed until another one flies in and replaces it.

1 Like