Reappearing random player

Platform: PC

Steps To Reproduce: Random guy joined my session, me no like so i kicked him.
Went into options and changed multiplayer to invite only.
Changed character to switch loot, same random guy reappears in my session, i checked options and it was invite only, so i kicked him again.
Switched to third char to pick up my last leftovers, when i picked it up, same bloody guy appears again.
This time i just shut everything down, closed the client and feel generally violated.

Images / Videos: Nah

Host or Client: Solo-mode

Players in your game: 1 reappearing

Specifications: Irrelevant

2 Likes

Same bug exists on PS4, if I set multiplayer invite only, my friend can still join meā€¦ and random people as wellā€¦ Friend would be ok, but the randoms might mess up the game by fooling around.

Friends joining is as intended, but not randoms. We are looking into it.

3 Likes

I also had completely random pop in while alone in Invite only, 2 times the last 3 days.
Didnā€™t need to kick as they left within a minute, without typing anything, different persons the 2 times.
(Iā€™m on PC)

Can you default it to Invite only, (or even totally off)? As it canā€™t be set via the main menu, but first when you get into the game.

I love joining games to be kicked right away, just so I can search again only to JOIN THE SAME LOBBY THAT JUST KICKED ME so that I can get kicked again :metal: usually try to say a word or two before the second or third time though :fu: :innocent:

Same here on Xbox. To avoid this I have to play offline.

Seems like a pretty easy fix to me.

Hi i am also on Ps4 , has every one who has this ā€™ Random Player ā€™ joining error updated to latest game version ā€˜ā€™ V 1.02 ā€˜ā€™ . I start a game it stayed set to INVITE ONLY from last session so i never have to change it , and never had Random player join my game , anyhow if this is a GREMLIN ( 80ā€™s ) Bug having this effect on multiPlayer then i think itā€™s safe to say a FIX for this is probably top of list as the game relies on a smooth co-op experience , :smiley:

Yes, my version is 1.02.
Last night while I was streaming my game on Twitch, and had the multiplayer set to ā€œInvite onlyā€ā€¦ suddenly random gamers started joining my gameā€¦ and my watchers on Twitch left because of all the random microphone whistle and crackle on the backgroundā€¦
There is the option to KICK out randoms, but when you kick one, another one joins the sessionā€¦ so basically all I can do is just have the randoms screaming in my game. :frowning:

Screaming in the game? Well I understand kicking then! Iā€™m on pc and everyone Iā€™ve played with has to type chatā€¦if there is a voice chat option, I sure havenā€™t found it out yet lol. Just gets old always finding a game just to get kicked out when itā€™s not like you have to listen to people like you said for ps4.

I have the opposite problem, nobody joins my sessions. Joining other players to often result in a kick. There is no fighting over the loot in the game so geting company is just a benifit when fighting tanks

Then that there is not bugs sounds like gremlins real ones , do you switch your console on past midnight ._ well what can you do but wait on a fix , it looks like we all get similar problems like game shutdown error , lag , and wierd interface buggyness no matter which format game is on and now invite only bug bypass :rofl: , what i can say is the last time some random joined me was when i first started game on 26th march ā€™ because as you know we see message saying its Open set to Invite Only in settings ā€™ , so when i set it to Invite Only that was the last time a random person joined , anyways hang in there its frustrating to all of us , once fixed this game will be smooth because in its current state its already better than most high priced games out now ( my opinion ) No salt , whoo-Saarr then caffeine