Recent Constant Multiplayer Crashing

Is this a global experience? When i join a multiplayer game through the multiplayer tab, I crash more than I am successful. Just started a couple days ago, but it is constant. Since it started, I have only voluntarily exited a multiplayer game once. Every other time I have crashed out of the game.

It is really not possible to play in multiplayer now. I am uninstalling and reinstalling, who knows if that will help. But I wonder if other people are having this failure rate, greater than 50% when joining other games?

Any workarounds?

2 Likes

We can only guess. I played MP with a friend yesterday for 3,5 hours without a single crash on PC. At the same time, I can play on my own and get booted to desktop after 5 minutes. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

It’s difficult to specify exactly why it’s happening, I think all we can do is leave it to the devs to work this out, it’s their engine after all. All advice I can give; The more detailed and thorough bug reports about this issue that are made, the better.

2 Likes

It has actually been a little better since I reinstalled. I only had one crash since then.

With my friends multiplayer has degraded on level where it just stopped functioning. Yesterday invited friend 3 times, we got total play time less than 10min.
Today invited other friend, 2 attempts both times crashed before joining game.
Multiplayer for my point of view with friends is now completely unplayable. We stopped trying to get game going. Hope we dont need to wait next update on December.

I rarely deem something extremely bad, but this is. This thing needs to be solved now. And hot fix released. I dont think making bug report here on forums help any better than sending bug reports which actually contain hopefully some code information, which leads faster to the source of the problem.

1 Like

That’s unfortunate to hear, it really is. But there’s no way this is an issue that can be solved just like that. We’ll have to be patient and hope a fix comes out as soon as possible. In the meantime, bug reports are the best way to go about giving the devs all the info that doesn’t come with a crash report.

Not sure what else can be done.

1 Like

Yesterday was the first time we played since june. And the game crashed several times for clients. And when they reconnected they couldn’t see the the other Players so they also had to reconnect. I’m making a bug report on it.

I play using the PS4 ad yeah i continue to have server crashes when playing multiplayer

I have the same issue. Been trying for 3 days to play MP with a friend who just got the game. Legitimately spent hours trying to play together, maybe got a total playtime of 20 minutes. I am constantly kicked out of games and it says “host ended the session” but I go back in and it takes me to the same game, all the players are still doing the same things in the same areas. The host didn’t end the session, something ended MY session. Multi-player is pretty much unplayable for me at this point and it’s really disappointing. I know this isn’t an overnight fix kind of thing but I hope this is one of the first things they work on. The game would be so much more fun with friends and right now that’s just not a viable option