Recon Update - Coming Soon

There is just one thing they are good for, for me.

As all of my safehouses (except the warboard bunkers) still get lost every week, some well placed resistance bases are good fast travel places.

In other words: just because of bug the resistance bases are a useful thing for me, while the fnix bases are not passable because of another bug :rofl:

2 Likes

Content in this game only being usable or practical because of a game breaking bug just makes too much sense considering SRs standards.

Everywhere I go in Farmlands I see some point already on the map it looks terrible. Just because I’m new doesn’t mean I don’t know anything. I know what the old players think, I have youtube and more…

2 Likes

Possibly last post about Recon Update is here, addressing crafting rebalancing.

3 Likes

Every time I see the words “Recon Update” my brain reads it as “Retcon Update” and I get hopeful that they’re going to pull a “Bobby Ewing” ** on us.

** For those younger than me, it’s where script writers realised they’d made a terrible mistake after a shows ratings plummeted and they undid the previous season by turning it into a collective bad dream.

2 Likes

Patch notes on the day it drops, aka the 23rd

2 Likes

You’re certainly right that it makes a difference. But just by watching/listening to something I can say whether I really like it and want it, or just a little or not at all.

1 Like

I have expressed that I am hopeful things GET FIXED, but past experiences with GZ updates is to not get excited of things getting fixes as just more stuff added that causes more issues. The crashing issue needs fixing. Ruins wanting to even start GZ to play if you cannot expect to stay in the game long enough to even say hi to new players on the map. Reality verses expectations have changed a lot with this game over the last few months.

6 Likes

Final bit of news, kinda, with the time it will be releasing tomorrow. Will be available for everyone at 10AM CEST, or CET whatever the timezone is currently.

2 Likes

I wonder how many game breaking bugs and massive preformance issues the update will bring this time?

4 Likes

Don’t be so negative.
Let’s hope the cause of the crashes will be fixed.

1 Like

I’m really, really holding my thumbs that the infinite tick-bug is fixed so i can play the game again.

3 Likes

*realistic.

Realism will tend towards positivity when updates do.

4 Likes

Can’t waitt! Praying the bugs will be fixed, I believe they will be! Best game in a really long time!

3 Likes

I think we all hope it fixes more issues than it causes. If we are realistic, then we may perceive that the last few updates have caused more issues than they fixed and new content is the cause. We all love the game, but we all want it to work as intended. Who cares how much new stuff is added if all it does is break the game and make it unplayable for a lot of us. At what point do we just stop playing the game and walk away instead of letting the Devs know we are unhappy and want the game to work correctly?

3 Likes

Considering Systemic Reaction is already moving on to another IP, I’m sure generation zero will only be getting worse as it’s dev team size shrinks as they are moved onto 2nd extinctions full release and the new IP

I believe it was lucid who was quoted saying
“In GZ you either die a bootlicker or live long enough to become a cynic”

After around a thousand hours in and being a player since launch, I think I have the right to be cynical about the way my what was once favorite game is going. I’ve been through all the games tall peaks and deep troughs

3 Likes

I now had a few weeks, where I stopped playing gz. I even bought borderlands 3 to have an alternative for playing with my friends.
But I’m looking forward to todays update and to be able to play gz again.

@Badusername Time to chill with the negativity, okay? Cynicism is one thing but it’s not exactly encouraging to bring down a thread like this.

Since the Recon Update is out today, I’m closing this one down. I’ll go ahead and create a new thread in #feedback-feature-requests if there’s any to be had (which I suspect there will be!).

//Mod

2 Likes