Recon Update - Coming Soon

The Next updates has now been revealed.

“Fighters of the Resistance, get ready! As we’re closing in on the next update to Generation Zero, FNIX is plotting its next move. What’s about to come?” More Info is to come soon.

8 Likes

Summary of what we know so far about this update:

3 Likes

I really hope for crushing the bugs, to be honest. They really need to nail the crashing issues if this game is truly to flourish. It’s been a thorn in all our sides for a long time.

I also hope for more revamps, since it’s only the Mountain Region left to be poked at, soon.
Itching to get out and explore again, been a while now…

9 Likes

Especially the mountain region…
I didn’t like to go there in general.
Too many surprises that could come out of the forests… and too less cover.

But there are cool bases, railways, a “delorean”,…
We’ll see what will come.

Still nothing about fixing the appearing and disapearing machines?
And instead they will put more Bases to expand this issue…
For me it feels like they are making the game more empty, buggy and boring with each new update in 2022. :pensive:

5 Likes

It’s been a slippery slope since Landfall lol

I thought the devs learned from the mistakes and critical errors they made the past couple of years, and I had high hopes for 2022, but so far, it’s not looking great.

5 Likes

We can say the Base Assault ended badly then :wink:

(@Madchaser its been fixed now)

2 Likes

Base Assault Update… Not Landfall. Landfall brought the soviets. That was the last really good update. Why did they take the focus on Bases after that?

6 Likes

I wish I knew.

(Random other text to get to 20 characters)

I believe they thought spamming bases through the map would bring more players and make the game more entertaining, not taking in consideration the bugs it introduced and making the game less unique and more “copied-and-pasted”.

1 Like

What’s going on with the dev team right now? We were doing so well in making the game so much more finished and better, but suddenly we started taking steps backwards at a startling pace.

1 Like

This is THE question I find my self asking a lot the last couple of months.

I dont get it at all, this is not only a very poorly made mechanic, considering all bugs and how much it affected the spawn of free-roaming bots. It is in my mind a very poor choice for this game storywise.

5 Likes

From what the team shared the bugs causing the majority of the crashes will be fixed with this update. Fingers crossed it works as planned!

This will be fixed with this update!

12 Likes

Hopefully the crashing are definitely fixed, mostly the reason its getting hard to enjoy the game. Same with machines rendering in and out existence in front of your eyes.

4 Likes

There are so many issues and bugs besides the crash causing one that I really hope get fixed

Info on the new Control points is here, South Coast is receiving 4 brand new ones. With a release Date of the 23rd of August.

3 Likes

8 Likes

Remove FNIX control points from the game et voilá crashes fixed… :confused:

4 Likes

This is not news to get excited about, it is VERY disappointing news. Fewer and fewer regions are reliable to play on, in those regions you avoid areas inside those regions. Statement that the crashing issue maybe be fixed? I don’t think I am alone when I think “we will see”. Not even happy that it may be fixed, adding more control points just sucks!

9 Likes

Yeh its sad the way things have been and are going.
1 control point per region would be enough, we dont need all this Base Spam making the game less unique, less stable, more empty.
At the moment not only its hard to believe the biggest issues will be fixed (i hope they will), its also difficult to be excited for new updates that will probably make the game more empty and more repetitive.

5 Likes