Recycling doesn't function

Yesterday and today Recycling doesn’t work anymore. Tried two different locations.

Other things, like upgrading clothes etc. do work normal.
What can be the cause of this?

1 Like

Show what you are doing with screenshots. :coffee:

2 Likes

Kee, just closed the game, I’ll show you tomorrow.

1 Like

Just an idea…
Check what the available space of the recycling station is.

If it’s full, you can’t recycle anything.
In that case, craft stuff to reduce your amounts of stored ressources or pick the half of each not as much needed ressource into your inventory and drop them somewhere.

Oh and/or if you haven’t done it yet, upgrade your recycling station to max level to increase its storage.

2 Likes

Thát could be a solution. Last one was cat.5.

I’ll check that. It never occurred earlier (Gysbert), so I don’t think it’s the procedure that is not correct.
Don’t see any increasing of resources at the right too, so that is congruent.

1 Like

Do you have a screenshot of the recycling station while not being able to recycle?
That could help to help you.

2 Likes

I’ll go there.

Lost my companion and two weapons from the wheel when starting up the game.
Luckely I make backups after each session, but yeah… two days back.

Edit: strange (to me) - the recycling functions again.

1 Like

Well, then it maybe was some kind of bug.
Last time that I played I went to Himfjäl for some little Investigation. I was uncautious and died early, north east of the hotel. I wasn’t able to use an adrenaline shot. Just respawning at a safehouse, although I had 3 of them in my inventory.

I didn’t double check it, but hopefully it was just one of these temporary bugs, too.

2 Likes

:grinning: I was not suggesting that the procedure might be wrong, but more that we can’t really help if the information around the problem is vague. Then a few pictures can sometimes help shine a light on the problem. :coffee:

2 Likes

I’ve heard of people losing their companion, and I thought it had happened to me, too. I don’t keep him equipped (on the wheel), almost always deployed, but sometimes I’ll pick him up if he’s proving to be a nuisance by interfering with kills I need. But every now and then, he’ll disappear. I look in my stash, and no, he’s not there, but if I go to a companion station and interact with it and close it, he’s magically in inventory.

I’ve experienced only a single exception: Finishing one playthrough, I stored him in the Plundra chest along with all my hard-won weapons and attachments. I started a new playthrough (new world, new character), picked up all my plunder, including robo-pooch, and deployed him immediately (this is before I’d visited the Vesslan command bunker and activated Making Frinds on its warboard). However, the first time I entered an underground facility, he vanished completely. He didn’t become available again until I had completed Making Friends again. The way to avoid that in the future is to pick him up and put him in inventory, but only in this specific context.

2 Likes

Yes, I guess that’s the way to prevent us having more than one companion.
Just one per world.

2 Likes

Sounds like trial and error. To me I still can’t explain ‘hard-won weapons’, as you mentioned - do vanish when recycling specific items. Happened twice to me.

1 Like