Recycling, Resources, And You

So…what does one do with all of these various items we can break down? I only have a few blueprints so my ability to craft is limited and does not yield me anything useful enough to spend resources making. But I am also almost at the limit of how much I can store in crafting materials.

Do I need to worry about collecting crafting items as much?

Should I prioritize hunting better blueprints so I can make useful items? [Suggestion: the blueprint levels are fine for a scale of how useful items are, but players should not be locked out of making anything just because they have not gotten a lower-tier version of that blueprint to drop- i.e. clothes with resistance to effects should be usable regardless of what blueprints you have discovered. Getting a 3c print should not require 1c and 2c levels in order to make it.]

Also if anyone playing on Xbox needs or wants almost 300 RPG high-explosive shells, let me know. I can’t break them down as I’m out of space, but I don’t want to just drop them.

This would made 1c - 4c schematics useless, there would be no point other than max level 5c prints in game.
And 1-2c prints can be found on the world. (It is ridiculously easy to miss them, even the game really doesnt tell you they are there. And searching them without using google is like searching needle from haystack)

Then how are we supposed to utilize our resources? I’m not going to waste them making 1% advantage clothes when I can’t get those resources back in order to make a better version once I find it later.

There needs to be a better way to spend down these materials that still provides value to a player other than making ammo I don’t use or basic health kits that I am already swimming in.

Currently, the best utilization of resources is ammo and first aid kit crafting. Given that you have found the right schematics from the world.

Also, at 27th of April '21, GZ gets a new game update, that brings base building to the game. That would be another, good utilization of the current resources.

Every ammo type has a crafting schematic. So, if you use e.g 9mm SMG a lot, look for that ammo schematic, so that you can craft it.

Same goes for first aid kits. All three (simple, standard and advanced) have crafting schematics present.

Is there a known location for the standard and advanced med kits? I only have the simple schematic and I’m already over 100 at all times with those.

I’m playing on adventure, which I know helps reduce the necessity of the items.

All the placed schematic locations are listed on this page of the wiki.

Yeah, just see it as an infinite source of you favorite ammo type.

Just recycle.

Right now though I’m running low on steel as the only resource for making .50 cal.

Yes.

Either look the co-ords from the Wiki link above. Or when you like visual guide, then i posted all crafting schem locations as screenshots in my reply here: Schematics - Fixed Locations - #137 by Aesyle

Aesyle, has it been confirmed that it is going to take resources to build?

I have 900 lbs on my 4th character just in case they were needed.

For the other posts. Resources are fairly easy to obtain. I can fill my workbench 2 times a day by just looting machines I kill.

If any of you guys play on ps4 and need resources or weapons I have some to spare.

I don’t know if it is allowed to post psn I’d on here, so I won’t but it here until I know it’s OK.

Schematics are much easier to find if your just starting to play the game. I had the game complete before they put them in the game so I had to go around looking for. Them again.

There are really only a few you really need. I only got the advance first aid kit. And only bothered with the ammo I liked. .50 cal ,7.62. But if you google them there are some really good posts that will show you where to find whatever your looking for

Yes.

Proof (look bottom right corner):

Source of the image: News from the Team - April 9th | Generation Zero

There is no rule that forbids to post your PS ID, Xbox Gamertag or Steam username to the forums, if this is what you are asking for.

Though, posting it usually comes down to personal preference. Also, keep in mind that anyone can see forum content, even without logging-in to the forums.

Thanks Aesyle. I saw that pic last week or do but never noticed the bottom right corner. That’s good to know.

1 Like