Removal of ALL safe houses!

I think the title got your attention. :stuck_out_tongue:

SO…
Safe houses.
Many a person figured these are not an optimal form of system in game.
Some want to have a base they can build.
Others then think that the Plundra, that stalks us (giving me actual paranoia) is some silly as implemented.
There are so many opinions and feelings around it.

Now, let us be clear on one thing, and this is based on logical, pragmatical thinking: building a base, I think, is just not a possibility.
Reason: for one, many people would have their base on different spots, some not, which will create conflict, as two bases (partially or not) want to occupy the same place in the world.
Otherwise, there will be an x amount of spots where bases will be assigned to.
Logical: wild-building will not be quite possible, I THINK (could be wrong there).

In comes a totally new (liar, it was mentioned before) idea: Mobile Base.
Why do I return to this idea: I blame FNIX Rising.
Yeah… the truck…

Let’s be honest: it REALLY looked badass, no?
Well, for GZ reality, I mean.
Imagine then, a bigger platform, 4 bunks, Plundra, you name it.
No driver.
PFFFT, a driver, LMAO.
Why have a sodding Uu-Maan if you can make it drive by itself.

Yeah, that’s right…
An ‘autonomous’ Mobile Platform.

It’s advantages:

1. Machines are not threatened by it (hence no driver) as this would have no detectable life sign, therefore left alone by machines, as it is no threat, no target.
  2. It can be parked anywhere, basically, where-ever you want it.
  3. It would bring realism: no more stalking voodoo style plaundra.
  4. New craft option/new mod option (within limits, you can make the Mobile Platform yo your likings)
  5. It would take X time for the Mobile Platform to “undeploy” (pick up the shit and leave, lmao) reach you and redeploy where the player wants, again adding realism.

I’m sure there would be other advantages, of a Mobile Platform like this, but I leave this to your imagination.

USAGE: Well, as said, I was thinking of getting rid of the current safe house systems, and turn this into a moveable unit.
Of course: Bunkers and tied-in to mission safe houses would, logically, be unaffected.
But those that are dispensable?
No need to keep these with the new system…

NOTE: this is an idea, I am toying with.
And I figured to drop it here, as, well, it just MIGHT be something fun to have, especially is it is somewhat animated (The Universal Soldier Mobile Base comes to mind, something similar).
Could be actually a cool feature to have?

I am more than aware, it will not be too easy to create this.
And YES… sigh… there are INDEED more important things to do…
Fixing PS4 for one.

However, for a further down the line idea…?
I really can see this work…?

Thoughts?

Seems like a well thought idea. My only problem is this: Machines would still sooner or later attack it.
If you used the truck, but added to it, the FNIX AI would figure it out pretty quickly by just looking through robot cameras. And It would then direct machines to attack it. As FNIX knows what it has, and has not made. It is Human and AI. So the human in there would reason out that the mobile platform is a resistance base. Even if you used just robots parts it would still reason out that it did not make that.

Well, machine perception can be messed with, sir.
On the other hand: a well armoured truck would give protection.
If damaged, or heck, even destroyed, you now get a reason to hunt for more materials and fix the create a mobile base?

Furthermore, the machines are not too clever, and seem to only engage life forms.
Unless you come out or enter the truck, it has no reason to engage it, since, well, the truck “is a machine”?

Thoughts?

Thank you VERY much for replying.

Yes machines perception can messed with to a degree. And a well armored truck would give protection. One issue though is you can only put on so much metal. And sooner or later be destroyed. But yes then you can go get materials like you said. But still the machines will still attack it. Yes machines only attack lifeforms now. But the AI FNIX, can just direct them to attack. It has been shown multiple times to direct machines for an attack. In the invasion day they destroyed infrastructure such as the airbase. The Airbase was not living, they were directed to do that. So the machines would sooner or later figure out that the truck is not one of theirs, as FNIX would direct it to.

Edit: such as the hotel in Himjfall. FNIX directed the machines to attack the hotel directly.

What’s about steeling a Leopard Tank from Normyrra Artillerie Base. He is armoured, he is armed. WIth the canon you can blow a tank away or damage his legs.

A leapord tank? Are you speaking of the tank we see everywhere? Only Leapord I know is the German series of tanks

Oh, so true, indeed.
VERY valid point…

But that would give more meaning to crafting, I would assume? :slight_smile:

So, in a nuttshell: would you prefer it, or prefer the current system?
Or, hell, something entirely different, sir @MarkNcheese42 ?

Well, that would be a very small platform, I guess?
THOUGH!!!
I DO like the concept, the idea…
Well thought of, if it were a bigger tank!!!

Thank you, sir.

I personally do not like the idea of just one mobile point. UNless there are small bases we can place as well. Because I use safehouses to get around. If the Thing has to move, I feel it would just make travel harder.

Such as for instance tents?
Or another type?

As for harder travel, well yes…
I mean… teleportation?
The logic eludes me…
BUT!!!
We got… RADIOS…
Which we can set up as a “Point”…?
Note: this is mere idea, since I had no idea of what type base you thought of, sir.

That what we see all around is the Stridsvagn 103 that is built by the swedens industry

But sweden has our german Leopard too in their army
Below the Stridsvagn 121

And the Stridsvagn 122

It is a german product from Krauss Maffei but it is exported to our companied countrys like Denmark, Norway, Finland, Sweden and many others

I guess. and the teleportation is a good point. But I guess like bigger field radios might work.

When did the Swedes start using the Leapord tank,(Stridsv 122)?
Edit: I found it. in service 1997, and manufactured 1994.

OOOOH, me like tanky…
Well damn thought off, sir, I salute you! @helldiver

So, a tent, that you set up.
It could have a radio fixed to the tent.

Well… wouldn’t it be more logical to keep the current system then? :slight_smile:

Yes. I was just saying how I would feel it would have to work if we added a bug mobile base. As their are safehouses in places a bug truck would not be able to reach.

They started to get the Leopard tank Stridsvagn 121 in 1984 till 1987 and then the Stridsvagn 122 appears. It Is the Leopard Leo2A5

No doubt FNIX would see a mobile base as a threat, and adapt to it accordingly :thinking:

@Zesiir
Ah, please elaborate, sir? :slight_smile:

ah okay my mistake. Yeah it would be cool to see a different tank.

I mean, it’s still property used by humans. As FNIX grows more intelligent, it also grows more cunning.
Any advantage humans may use against it, must be controlled or destroyed.

True…
But isn’t that a bit of promoting Crafting?
Merely thinking out loud, sir @Zesiir

Thank you all for joining in. :slight_smile: