Request: sprinting longer

One simple request. Maps in this game are very large and overcoming them on foot takes a very long time. Such a short character sprint is VERY IRRITATING. I request to sprint 2x longer in default.

1 Like

We already have a skill for that: Stamina Amount, which lets you to sprint longer at once. Also, Running Speed helps a lot and Stamina Recharge is also beneficial.

Though, GZ is designed in a such way where you need to hike the entire map. There are other games as well where walking across the big map is a thing, e.g Rust, DayZ, 7 Days to Die.

Those skills don’t help. I have them maxed and we’re get tired way too soon.

In the GZ, you’re supposed to be a teen not a world class athlete.

Normal humans can sustain full speed running less than 10 seconds, average athletes about 20-30 seconds and world class athletes about 60 seconds. And all that without holding a weapon in your hand and carrying a backpack that weighs you down.

1 Like

Really you compare game with robots/machines with real life?

Enemies in the GZ aren’t robots, they are machines.

GZ world is quite real with close to real world physical laws so, why not to compare it to the next best thing?

1 Like

Because this is game. The game is supposed to be fun.

That’s why we have large equipment which in real life we wouldn’t carry. That’s why we have medkits healing us which in real world we have one life and one health. That’s why in this game you don’t have to eat, and urinate. And many more.

We could sprint longer too. Sorry that you’re absolutely opposite.

Well, we already have a skill that gives us ability to sprint longer. Sorry if it’s not enough for you and you want to sprint even longer.

Though, bikes are good to cover distance since max speed of the bike is faster than sprinting with Run Speed lvl2 skill. Also, you don’t use any stamina when riding a bike.

Bikes are useless in tall grass and mountains.

Well, they are street bikes and that’s the idea of them. You’d need mountain bike if you’d want better off-road capability.

Devs made GZ with the intent of players walking the entire map. Bikes were included along the line due to the popular request of seeing bike props but inability to use them. So, devs made them a vehicle that isn’t OP and is good to be used only on roads. Since if you’d have a vehicle to zap across the map, you’d be skipping a lot of beautiful scenery devs had hard time making.

Btw, fastest way to travel is Fast Travel between safehouses, given that you’ve unlocked plenty of them. But you still need to hike to each and every one to unlock them in the first place.

Please don’t add more running capability. This is fine as it is. You run for a few seconds and then jog. That’s quite enough to get away from the machines.

I have a hard time understanding why everything has to be more then there is. The plundra needs to hold more, we should carry more, we should run more, the guns should have more damage etc. A game should have certain limitations otherwise it gets too easy and one might loose interest very fast.

1 Like

Running is bugged anyway…hopefully it will get fixed

There is a “feature” that lets you regain stamina when jumping.
Start running and jump every other second or so, your stamina bar will never get depleted. Running fast over long distances is a choice betwen listening to the heavybreathing/heartbeat or the sound one makes when jumping.

You don’t need to run. You can sneak all the time, and throw your shift keyboard button, but don’t be antipeople that are bored and irritated by this idiotic and frequent pauses of running.

Thank you for making me aware that I am not allowed to have my own opinion and have to ask you first if I am allowed to write something which might not be along your preference.

Game limitations always have a sense. Nobody can run forever especially not with almost 100kg in the backpack. A game that tries to be in an alternative but close to our reality needs to be at least somewhat realisitic in its behaviour.

This is a discussion board. People are allowed to disagree with the topic. Keep it civil.

//Mod

I think the running limitations are intended primarily for battles, as infinite sprinting would kill the feeling of being encumbered while battling enormous machines. Which I think is one of the primary charms of this game.

OP never asked for Infinity Sprint or being a World Class Athlete, so whats up with these phrases?

@Aesyle
a Teen is not supposed to be Immortal like this, just take a Syringe after Life is gone and be fine with it.
a Teen is not supposed to be a 1st Class Soldier that can carry alot of Ammo, Weapons like AI76, PVG90 or Rocket launcher neither Kvm 89/59 or even bunch of Grenades and Mines.
A Teen is not even supposed to deal with a Army of Robots wich a whole Military failed to fight.

So, what do you actually mean with “A Teen is not supposed to sprint a bit longer”
your disagree about OP’s request simply doesnt make any sense.

If A Teen can fight a Army of Mashines so why not sprint a bit more?

2 Likes

@Zesiir
People also are allowed to agree with the topic. Keep it in mind.

My two cents on this -
Sprinting even on maxed stamina is ‘unrealistically’ quick. The player gets winded very fast, but if we were to go after what’s realistic and what’s not, half the game would not even be there.

Player speed is generally fast and sprint speed makes it cartoonish. Have you even looked at the co-op partner’s sprinting? Still can’t get used to the funny waddle at sonic speeds.

My personal request on changing things - Make sprinting longer, but also bring down the speed a little in general. Makes people consider bycicles more often and also makes it more ‘realistic’…
Now let me go and pull a rocket launcher out of my jacket to unload 300kg of explosive mass…